Hi sweet readers ♥
Today’s recipe is a raspberry mousse love heart; it is the perfect dessert for Valentine’s day.
It is easy to make and the use of fresh raspberry puree makes this so yummy!
This dessert can be served on the side with fresh fruit and some whipped cream on the side!
Hope you will love this recipe!
RASPBERRY MOUSSE LOVE HEARTS ♥
- 6 GELATIN LEAVES
- 450 GRAM RASPBERRY PUREE OR PASSIONFRUIT PUREE
ITALIAN MERINGUE/SUGAR SYRUP
- 250 GRAM SUGAR
- 100 ML WATER
- 125 GRAM EGG-WHITES
- 25 GRAM SUGAR, EXTRA
- 750 ML POURING CREAM ( 40 % BUTTERFAT) WHIPPED
- 1 TS. VANILLA BEAN PASTE
How to prepare “Raspberry Jelly”
- Soak gelatin leafs in cold water for about 5 minutes.
- Then squeeze out excess water.
- In a small saucepan, bring raspberry puree to simmer.
- Remove from heat, add gelatine & stir to dissolve.
- Cool to room temperature.
- pour into a large bowl.
How to prepare “ITALIAN MERINGUE/SUGAR SYRUP”
- Place sugar & water in small saucepan.
- Boil over medium heat to dissolve sugar, stir with a small spatula to make sure the sugar is dissolved.
- Then boil until sugar syrup registers soft ball stage, (121C) on a candy thermometer.
- While sugar is cooking, using electric mixer beat egg whites until soft peaks form, then gradually add extra sugar.
- To this, in a very thin stream, add the hot syrup.
- Continue to beat until mixture is thick & cool.
TO MAKE THE RASPBERRY MOUSSE LOVE HEART
- Into the bowl of the raspberry puree, fold in Italian meringue
- Then carefully fold in the whipped cream.
- Use a piping bag to Pipe the raspberry mousse into the round silicone molds.
- Add hazelnuts cookies on top, you can find the video of the cookies here, just skip the custard filling and the recipe here for the hazelnuts cookies you can find here.
- Cover and freeze for 6 hrs or overnight.
- remove the frozen raspberry mousse from the mold.
- with a small cookie cutter heart press slightly on top of the frozen raspberry to make a beautiful imprint!
Happy Valentine’s Day everyone ♥