Hi sweet readers ♥
If you follow me on Instagram @passionforbaking you have probably seen a video off this gluten free chocolate cake on my last post, drizzled with some delicious salted caramel.
This gluten free chocolate cake is so incredible moist; This cake is a mix between a good moist chocolate cake and a Fudge brownie.
My friend at work tasted it today, and she said she would never guessed that this is a gluten free cake. I love the tiny crunchy almonds in the cake and the tiny pieces of dark chocolate.
The salted caramel on top is just a bonus; it is as delicious just to dust it with powdered sugar and to serve with some vanilla ice cream on the side.
Hope I can temp you today.
A FEW STEP BY STEP PHOTOS;
GLUTEN FREE CHOCOLATE CAKE & SALTED CARAMEL SAUSE
- 200 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE
- 200 GRAM RAW ALMONDS
- 10 GRAM DARK COCOA
- 165 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER
- 35 GRAM SUGAR
- 35 GRAM BROWN SUGAR
- 4 EGGS ( 200 GRAM )
- 1/4 TS. SEA SALT
- POWDERED SUGAR, FOR DUSTIN
- SALTED CARAMEL; OPTIONAL
- ICE CREAM, VANILLA; OPTIONAL
- Preheat the oven to 170C°
- in a food processor add the dark chocolate and raw almonds and give it some pulls until it is finally crushed.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg and set aside.
- In a bowl of a stand mixer, add the crushed chocolate & almond mixture, the diced butter, cacao powder, sugar and brown sugar, and with a beater blade, mix until fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Make sure to scrape the side and the bottom of the bowl add times in between.
- When the mixture is fluffy, add all the egg yolks in the mixture and mix fluffy, about another five minutes more.
- Stop the mixer, scrape the bowl again and add vanilla bean paste, this is optional but I love it.
- Mix to combine using a spatula and set aside.
- In another bowl, add the egg whites and salt and mix until you get a fluffy / stiff meringue.
- Blend the stiff meringues in two- three parts carefully with the chocolate mixture until all combined.
- Have the mixture over in a around greased spring form (lined with parchment paper) that is 20 cm (8 inch) or use a mini Bundt pan from @nordicwareusa If you use the Bundt pan make sure to grease it and dust it with cocoa powder and set the pan in the freezer for 20 minutes before you fill the form with the batter.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 35 minutes.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Dust the cake with some powdered sugar and if you have a real sweet tooth, serve it with salted caramel on top, and even some ice-cream.
LOVE MANUELA XO
IT IS DELICIOUS WITH SOME SALTED CARAMEL ON TOP, GET THE RECIPE HERE.
HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU ALL.