Hi sweet readers ♥
Sharing the recipe for one of my favorite frosting, A delicious raspberry frosting.
This frosting is perfect to decorate cakes with or decorate cupcakes with.
What I love about this frosting is that it is so light and fluffy, you just want to dive in this cream.
Watch the video below how I made the cream, and what mistake I made when I made the cream.
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 1 ¾ CUPS (195 G) CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR, SIFTED* (OR 1/4 – 1/2 CUP SUGAR)
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 1/3 CUP COLD RASPBERRY PUREE
- ¼ cup COLD LEMON JUICE ( OPTIONAL) OR SOME LEMON ZEST
- Put the cream in the refrigerator 20 minutes before use so it gets really cold,(optional)
- In bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment, mix the heavy cream, mascarpone, confectioners’ sugar and vanilla bean paste on low speed for one minute;
- continue on medium-high speed 3-4 minutes or until fluffy. Be careful not to overbeat mixture.
- Add the raspberry puree to the cream and blend to combine
*If, by chance, you have overbeaten the mixture, simply add a few teaspoons of cold heavy cream (straight from the refrigerator) and carefully blend — it’s a trick I learned from Martha Stewart, and it makes the cream perfect again!
*If your preference is a less sweet frosting, simply use less confectioners’ sugar.
Have a great day you all.
Love Manuela xo