Hi sweet readers ♥
The weekend is almost here and just in time to share a delicious recipe for this gooey oatmeal bar with dark lush chocolate and crunchy almond caramel on top.
This is the kind of candy bar that you just can’t get enough of, and you might not want to share with others, ( just saying)
These bars are best eaten when they keep cold, so keep them in the refrigerator until you serve these.
Step by step pictures how this come together you can see below, scroll all the way down.
OATMEAL BARS WITH CHOCOLATE & CRUNCHY ALMOND CARAMEL (GLUTEN FREE)
CARAMEL ALMOND CRUNCH
- 160 GRAMS SUKKER
- 1 TABLESPOON BUTTER
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- 130 GRAMS ALMONDS, CHOPPED
OATMEAL COOKIE LAYER (GLUTEN FREE)
- 100 GRAMS RAW ALMONDS, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 300 GRAMS BUTTER, MELTED
- 360 GRAMS OATMEAL, GLUTEN FREE OR REGULAR
- 7,5 GRAMS BAKING POWDER
- 255 GRAMS SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 240 ML CREAM
- 200 GRAMS DARK CHOCOLATE, (53- 70 %), CHOPPED
- In a small heavy-duty saucepan, add sugar and put it on low-medium heat.
- Allow the sugar to caramelize to a deep medium-amber color.
- Add the butter and vanilla and stir fast, and add the chopped or crushed almonds
- Divide the almond & caramel mixture over a silicon mat and let it cool down completely, about 30 minutes.
- Once cool break it off in small pieces
OATMEAL BUNN (GLUTEN FREE)
- Preheat oven to 200°C).
- Grease a 9×13-jellyroll pan with Bake Easy Spray and line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add melted butter, and oatmeal, blend to combine and let it rest 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add sugar and baking powder with a whisk combine.
- Add the sugar & baking powder over the oatmeal mixture and combine until all is blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, and with a spatula mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to distribute the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool the cake down for 10 minutes while you prepare the chocolate Sause.
- Remove 40 gram of cream and set aside
- Pour the rest of the cream into a saucepan and bring to a boil
- Add the chopped chocolate and stir to combine
- Once smooth add the 40 grams of cream and stir to combine.
- Spread the chocolate glaze on top of the cake
- Drizzle the chopped caramel crunch on top.
- Cool the cake completely down and freeze for 30-40 minutes
- Cut it into large pieces and enjoy.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES BELOW
On Saturday the 4th of March I have demo at Kitch’n at the Mall of Scandinavia in Stockholm,between the hours 12: 00- 15:00 pm.
Warm welcome if you are close by, in beautiful Stockholm.
HAVE A GREAT DAY YOU ALL.
LOVE MANUELA XO
ORDER MY ENGLISH BAKING BOOK, LOVE MANUELA HERE, 552 PAGES OF YUMMINESS WITH STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS AND FULL COLORED PAGES.
Awesome!!! But when should I add the almonds?
hi Pepe sae time as you add glutenfree oatmeal, see the video
i had try this one , it was amazing and all my family love it so much ..
lovely manuela you are an inspiration to me , i love your way in baking , the recipes with full description and photos , i love your kitchen, colors , tools , your clothes , and all the recipes that i tried were great and tastfull :))
i would have your books , but there is no way at the moment , maybe in future <3
love asma 🙂