Hi sweetest readers ♥
I posted a picture of these snicker bars on Instagram a few days ago, and so many of you have texted me this weekend, when I will post the recipe!!
I was planning to post it yesterday, but I really wanted to get out of the house yesterday for a walk and get some sunshine on my skin, and smell the flowers and fresh air, it is good for the soul to have a day like that.
BUT TODAY I HAVE A RELAX DAY AS MOST SUNDAYS ARE, AND TIME TO POST THIS DELICOUS RECIPE.
GOOEY SNICKERS BARS & SEA SALT;
Let me tell you about these GOOEY SNICKERS BARS
They are AMAZING!!!
It is a snicker bar, but made with lots of love and passion.
The flavor, the texture, the gooey feeling when you eat this, you just can’t compare it with a store-bought snicker bar.
There goes a lot of caramel in this recipe, but that is because I use half a sheet pan to make these bars, you can easily dived the recipe, because this recipe gives you a lot of snicker bars.
Make sure you pour the caramel over the crust when the caramel is still warm and the crust is cooled just slightly.
This way the caramel finds its way into the crust giving you this amazing gooey experience when you eat this bar.
Also, to get this gooey experience make sure you leave these bars in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight, so these snicker bars get infused with all these amazing flavors, these snicker bars are best eaten when they are kept cold.
The sea salt on top of this dark lush chocolate, makes these snickers bars really stand out in flavor, it makes these bars so magical in every way, it is amazing how salt can have this effect on sweet stuff.
It really gives these bars an extra wow factor.
GOOEY SNICKERS BARS & SEA SALT, ( MAKES ABOUT 30-45 BARS)
OATMEAL COOKIE LAYER (GLUTEN FREE)
- 100 GRAMS RAW ALMONDS, COARSELY CHOPPED
- 300 GRAMS BUTTER, MELTED
- 360 GRAMS OATMEAL, GLUTEN FREE OR REGULAR
- 7,5 GRAMS BAKING POWDER
- 255 GRAMS SUGAR
- 1 LARGE EGG
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 1 OR 2 PORSJON, SALTED CARAMEL ( CLICK HERE FOR RECIPE)
- 275 GRAM SALTED PEANUTS
- 250 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE, CHOPPED ( 55-70 %)
- SEA SALT
OATMEAL BUNN (GLUTEN FREE)
- Preheat oven to 200°C).
- Grease a Baker’s Half Sheet with Bake Easy Spray and line with parchment paper
- In a large bowl add melted butter, and oatmeal, blend to combine and let it rest 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl add sugar and baking powder with a whisk combine.
- Add the sugar & baking powder over the oatmeal mixture and combine until all is blended.
- Add egg and vanilla, and with a spatula, mix to combine.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and use a spatula to distribute the mixture evenly.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
- Cool the cake down for 10 minutes.
- While the oatmeal crust is in the oven, prepare the salted caramel, you can find the recipe for the salted caramel here.
- I do recommend two portions of the salted caramel, it seems a lot but it makes this snicker bar taste like a real snicker bar.
- When the oatmeal crust is cooled down for 10 minutes, add salted peanuts to the salted caramel, and blend it together.
- Right away pour it over the oatmeal crust and divide it evenly.
- Right away add chopped chocolates, or chocolate buttons on top of the caramel, the chocolate should melt in a few minutes, if not put the tray in the oven on a low temperature for some minutes.
- With an offset spatula spread the chocolate all over the top, and then the magic touch that really makes this snickers bar stand out in taste, drizzle some sea salt on top.
- Put the tray in the fridge for at least 5 hours or overnight so that the caramel can soak into the oatmeal crust and you will get this gooey and magical delicious snicker bar.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES BELOW
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL, CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES,
YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ME ON INSTAGRAM FOR DAILY UPDATES AND INSPIRATION.
YOU CAN FIND MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES LIKE THESE IN MY NEW BAKING BOOK LOVE MANUELA ( IN ENGLISH) THE BOOK IS IN FULL COLOR AND HAS 552 PAGES OF YUMINESS, AND LOTS OF STEO BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS.
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE, ORDER YOUR COPY HERE.
Hva er målene på formen til bunnen? Stor langpanne? Alltid greit å skrive målene i cm… 🙂