Hi sweet readers ♥
If you love pie, you will love these mini pies filled with a gooey almond filling, They are so addictive,
After baking I added noblesse on top of some of the pies, it melts on the pie and makes these cute mini pies even more delicious.
Noblesse is a Swedish chocolate brand, it is milk chocolate thins with fine crispy corn cereal in. I’m sure Ikea has these.
Make sure when you bake these pies, you refrigerate these pies overnight, the gooey almond filling is nothing going to be baked all the way through, so for it to have these gooey feeling and to get a bit firm you need to refrigerate these overnight.
SWEET DOUGH ( MAKES ABOUT 15 – 20, IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE SIZE OF THE LINERS YOU USE)
- 250 GRAM ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 125 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER, DICED, AT ROMSTEMP
- 100 GRAMS CONFECTIONARY SUGAR
- 1 TS. VANILLA SUGAR
- 1 EGG ( 50 GRAM )
GOOEY ALMOND FILLING ( ENOUGH FOR ONE PIE 8-INCH OR 15 – 20 MINIS)
- 200 GRAM WHOLE ALMONDS
- 200 GRAM SUGAR
- 2 TABLESPOON MELTED BUTTER
- 1 EGG
- 1 EGG YOLK
- 60 ML HEAVY CREAM
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
WHITE GLAZE; OPTIONAL
- CONFECTIONARY SUGAR
- LEMON JUICE
- NOBLESSE, OPTIONAL
DIRECTIONS; FOR THE DOUGH
- In a bowl of a stand mixer combine all of the ingredients, mix until it forms a dough. →do not overmix
- Wrap in plastic and chill for at least 30 minutes to →1 hour.
DIRECTIONS; FOR THE FILLING
- Finely grind the almonds in a food processor.
- Add the remaining of the ingredients and pulse until everything is well blended.
ROLLING THE DOUGH;
- Unwrap the dough and place it in the center of a lightly floured work surface.
- Sprinkle the top of the dough and your rolling pin with a bit more flour to prevent sticking.
- Roll the dough until it is about 1/8 – inch ( 2 mm) thick
USE ROUND COOKIE CUTTERS;
- If you have round cookie cutter or ring molds, use them to make perfectly round pie dough that fits perfectly in your cupcake liner, about 9 cm in diameter.
- Place the rounds in each of the cupcake liners, I use a metallic foil cupcake cases ( silver)
- Fill each pie about 3/4 full with the almond filling.
- if you like to have a small heart on top, just roll the scraps, and cut heart pieces out of the dough with a heart cookie cutter and place it on top of each pie before you bake these.
- Bake these pies in the middle of the oven on 170°C for about 20-25 minutes or until the side and heart are golden brown.
- Right after baking, add a noblesse on some of the pies, it melts right on the pie and fits perfectly.
- Once the pies are cooled down, put them in the refrigerator overnight so that the gooey filling gets totally set.
- If you like just before serving if you wish to combine confectionary sugar + lemon juice or use→ water and mix it together.
- with a small spoon drizzle the glaze on top.
STEP BY STEP;
These are so delicious.
I hope you got inspired, let me know how it worked out for you, I love to get your feedback.
Love Manuela xo
MY ENGLISH BOOK LOVE MANUELA YOU CAN ORDER HERE