Hi sweet readers ♥
I hope you weekend is going well, Saturday is my favorite day of the weeks as this is a family day.
I just wanted quickly to post this delicious recipe.
This recipe is a silky flourless chocolate cake, it is so silky and delicious,Make sure you leave it in the fridge overnight.
The silky chocolate glaze on top and topped with Easter candy eggs makes this a perfect treat for Easter.
This recipe is made by a Norwegian chef, you can find it in his first book ” Cakes & desserts” unfortunately his book is only in Norwegian for now.
A few step by step pictures;
SILKY FLOURLESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- 300 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE, 64 % FINELY CHOPPED
- 235 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER
- 75 GRAM SUGAR
- 3 EGG
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- 50 GRAM MASCARPONE
- 1 TABLESPOON WITH LEMON ZEST, OPTIONAL
- 120 ML HEAVY CREAM
- 100 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE, DICED
- EASTER EGGS, CANDY
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Butter a 8-inch square baking pan. Line with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on two sides; butter parchment.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter over low heat, Add the finely chopped chocolate and let it melt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar, eggs and vanilla, until just combined.
- Add the butter and chocolate mixture into the egg and sugar mixture and whisk until just combine.
- In a small bowl add mascarpone and lemon zest, add a few spoons of the chocolate mixture to loosen up the mascarpone. Then quickly add the mascarpone mixture into the rest of the chocolate mixture.
- Pour batter into pan a 8-inch square baking pan.
- Bake until set about 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely and leave it in the fridge overnight.
MAKE THE GLAZE;
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring 100 ml of the cream to a boil.
- Add the finely chopped chocolate and whisk until super- smooth.
- Add the rest of the cream (20 ml) and whisk until combined.
HOW THE CAKE COMES TOGETHER.
- Take the chocolate cake out of the fridge,
- Pour the chocolate evenly glaze over the cooled cake.
- with a small offset palette knife spread the chocolate glaze over the cake.
- When the glaze has set, cut the cake into squares of the desired size while it is still cold.
- Let the cake come to room-temp for a few hours, for a better taste.
- Store the cake in the refrigerator, for up to 3 days.
Have a beautiful day you all,
Love Manuela xo