Hi sweetest readers ♥
The weekend is almost over, I sure do hope you weekend was amazing.
This lemon ricotta cake is so moist and so delicious, it gets better the longer it sits in the refrigerator
I sure do hope you are going to love this recipe that is adapted from Lars Lian
*few step by step pictures;
Lemon & Ricotta Cake
- 250-gram unsalted butter, room tempered
- 280-gram sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, optional
- 360-gram all-purpose flour, sifted
- 250-gram ricotta
- zest and juice of 2 organic lemons
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 100-gram granulated sugar
- 100- ml water
- zest of one lemon
*Use this Chart for Converting Grams to US Cups.
instructions for the Lemon & Ricotta Cake
- Preheat the oven to 165 C°
- Grease the bottom and side of 8-inch (20 cm) spring form, and line with parchment paper and set aside.
- Into the bowl of an electric mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, or use a large bowl and a hand-mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium speed until it becomes pale paste.
- Add the vanilla bean paste and beat well.
- With the mixer on slow, add the eggs one at a time, mixing well and scraping the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula after each addition.
- In a medium bowl, with a whisk combine the ricotta, the lemon zest, and lemon juice
- In a small bowl, whisk together the flour and salt.
- Remove the bowl from the mixer and using a rubber spatula, fold one-third of the flour mixture and 1/3 of the ricotta mixture until just combined.
- Repeat with the remaining flour and ricotta mixtures.
- Don’t over-blend this mixture!
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven until a wooden pick inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs, 40-45 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool down in the pan for about 15 mins, it will collapse slightly which is normal.
- Let the cake cool down upside down on a paper drizzled with sugar, while you make the lemon syrup
Instructions for the Lemon syrup
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring the sugar and water to a boil.
- add the lemon zest and let it simmer on low heat for 5 minutes until the syrup begins to thicken slightly.
- Do a quick brush onto the top of the cake.
- this will infuse the cake with more lemon flavor and add much-needed moisture.
- This cake is best if you leave it in the fridge overnight.
- Just before serving sift the top slightly with some confectionary sugar, and decorate with some fresh raspberries.
- This cake if kept in a sealed cakebox in the fridge will keep for up to 5 days.
Have a beautiful day you all, love Manuela xo
YOU CAN ORDER, MY ENGLISH BAKING BOOK LOVE MANUELA HERE, WE DELIVER WORLDWIDE.