Hi sweetest readers ♥
I hope you had an amazing weekend and that you had some fun. The sun was shining so bright all weekend long, I was mostly out in the nature enjoying and getting as much sunshine as I possibly can get. Because her in Sweden you never know when you get to see the sun again!
Today is a new week, and Easter is around the corner soon;
So that said; I wanted to share the recipe for this delicious chocolate mud cake. this cake is so moist and one bite of this you are defiantly in Chocolate heaven. This cake is perfect to serve with vanilla ice cream on the side and some fresh fruit.
CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE
- 150 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER
- 100 ML ESPRESSO
- 75 GRAM BROWN SUGAR
- 200 GRAM SUGAR
- 150 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE, (66%- 70 %), CHOPPED
- 160 GRAM ALL PURPOSE FLOUR
- 20 GRAM CACOA
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- 2 LARGE EGG
- 75 GRAM SOUR CREAM
- 1TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 100 ML WATER
- 100 GRAM SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA
- 150 ML HEAVY CREAM
- 20 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER
- 180 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE 53 %, CHOPPED
CHOCOLATE MUD CAKE
- Grease the bottom of one 8 – inch round pan and line with parchment.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat, melt the butter
- Add brown sugar, sugar and espresso
- Remove the saucepan from the stove and stirring occasionally until you feel the sugar is totally dissolved.
- Next add the chopped dark chocolate and stir until the chocolate is dissolved.
- In a large bowl, sift the flour and cocoa powder, add the butter-and chocolate mixture and with a spatula combine.
- Next in a medium bowl, add egg, sour cream, baking soda and vanilla and with a whisk combine.
- Add it into the rest of the ingredients and blend to combine.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake in the center of the oven on 160 C° until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out with just a few crumbs, about 60 minutes.
- In a small saucepan set over medium heat, bring the sugar, and water to a boil.
- Cook until the syrup begins to thicken slightly, 2 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla, let cool completely.
- Take the cake out of the fridge and put it onto a rack.
- Drizzle the top with the syrup and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, set over medium heat, bring the heavy cream to a boil.
- Quickly pour the cream over the chopped chocolate.
- Add the butter and with a whisk blend until super-smooth.
- If the chocolate glaze is to tick, simply add a few spoons of heavy cream and blend it together.
- Pour the chocolate glaze on top of the cake, and with a palette knife, spread it all over the cake.
- The cake is ready as soon as the glaze is set.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL, LOVE MANUELA XOXO