Are any of you baking for Easter?
One of my kids can only eat cake and cookies that are gluten-free.
So, today’s recipe is just that.
These cookies are made from almond flour, I make almond flour the old fashion way using a nut grater;
A Nut grater allows you to make a coarse powder of your favorite shelled nuts, you can see a video here how it is made.
I have added a little bit of gluten free oatmeal in these cookies, and light corn syrup to give these cookies a bit of a gooeyness with each bite.
I added some chocolate glaze on top and sea salt, the combo is heavenly.
That said these cookies are delicious with or without the chocolate on top.
Watch the video below how this is made;
PS; Unfortunately, by accident I deleted my close-up (from above) videos of these cookies.
But I hope you get the idea when you watch the video.
GLUTEN FREE COOKIES FOR EASTER
- 350 GRAM ALMOND FLOUR, FINELY GROUND
- 50 GRAM GLUTEN FREE OATMEAL
- 165 GRAM SUGAR
- 3 EGG WHITES
- 185 GRAM LIGHT CORN SYRUP OR GLYCOSE
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 100 GRAM DARK CHOCOLATE. CHOPPED
- 30 GRAM UNSALTED CHOCOLATE
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE COOKIES
- Preheat oven to 320°F (160°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients.
- With a mini ice-cream scoop, scoop the cookie dough on the baking sheet, dust the tops with some powdered sugar, take the back of a tea cup and press slightly down.
- Bake in the middle oven rack for 15-20 minutes, and let cool.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE TOPPING
- Melt the butter and chocolate in the microwave.
- Spoon a teaspoon or two on top of each cookie and spread out evenly using the back of a spoon.
- Drizzle some sea salt on top or confetti
ENJOY AND CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE DELICIOUS RECIPES.
LOVE MANUELA XOXO