HI EVERYONE ♥
Its Easter, how time flies by, I just wish there are more hours in a day.
There were so many things I planned to show you before Easter,
But having dyslexia, it takes forever for me to write a blog-post and not having so many hours in a day, to show you more recipe before Easter.
Right now I don’t have anyone looking over my text so if you see mistakes in my English you know why!
I sure do hope you love these videos on my post and YouTube, and if you love them please share them with your friends, I would appreciate that so much!
Many of you have asked me about doing new episode of Manuela’s diner serie on YouTube like I did last summer.
I will do new once this summer, so do you have any request let me know in the comment section and in the meantime, I sure do hope you enjoy these videos.
Last week I got some pretty new bowl in the most beautiful pastel colors.
And if you follow @passionforbaking on Instagram you have probably seen a picture of my pastel bowls.
Those soft colors of the bowls and not to mention these beautiful heels, really inspired me with this recipe that I share with you today.
Inspired by all the beautiful pink colors, I basically wanted to make a lovely pink cheesecake, that screams summertime!
I wanted a natural pink looking cheesecake, not filled with food color, but bursting with fresh flavors of summer, and one of my favorite flavor is lemon.
So, I added organic lemon juice and lemon zest and organic blueberries to the cheesecake batter.
The combo of an almond base that is so gooey and the lemon & blueberry cheesecake filling was just heavenly, oh my goodness so good!
In the video below, you can see how this cake came together, and scroll down below to see the recipe.
Hope you get tempted.
LEMON & BLUEBERRY CHEESECAKE FILLING
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 G) PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 CUPS (480 ML) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, CHILLED
- ⅔ CUP (150 G) SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 6-8 GELATIN LEAVES *
- JUICE AND ZEST OF 2 LEMONS, I PREFER ORGANIC LEMONS
- 150-200 GRAM FROZEN BLUEBERRY, I PREFER ORGANIC
- Soak the gelatin leaves in cold water for 5 minutes, (you can use 6 or 8 gelatin leaves depending on how firm you want the cheesecake to be.)
- Pour lemon juice in a medium saucepan, bring to a boil and remove pan from heat.
- Gently wring the gelatin leaves to remove excess water and add them to the lemon juice, stir until completely dissolve;
- Set aside to cool for some minutes.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the whisk attachment, beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed until it is fluffy, creamy, and lump-free.
- Add the cooled lemon gelatin mixture, and mix to combine.
- Scrape the sides and the bottom of the bowl.
- Add the heavy whipping cream, and continue whipping until the mixture thickens and increases in volume.
- Transfer the mixture to a bowl, and add lemon zest and frozen blueberries and gently combine.
- Pour the cheesecake filling over the cooled almond crust and even out with a spatula, on the inside of the springform i use acetate for easy release.
- Refrigerate overnight.
- If you like a clean cut on the cheesecake for each slice; you make the cheesecake more firm by putting it in the freezer for one hour before you serve the cake.
I ADDED SOME GOLD LEAFS ON TOP OF THE CAKE JUST BEFORE SERVING.
THIS WAS ONE DELICIOUS CHEESECAKE, I HOPE YOU GIVE IT A TRY THIS EASTER.
I WISH ALL OF YOU A WONDERFULL EASTER.
CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE NEW RECIPES.
LOVE MANUELA XO
Hi Manuela! Did you use the whole almond cake? Is it pressed or you just cut it?
hi Ingrid, i used this recipe for the base, it was linked in the blog post, but here is the link http://passionforbaking.net/blog/2017/04/12/almond-base/
thanks sooo much for your delicious recips ?
you are so welcome Afrah
im really excited to try this recipe! which brand of gelatin leaves did you use for this recipe?
i think the brand is dr.oekter
also, my springform pan is 9 inches instead of the 8 inch ( i think that was the size you mentioned…?) will that change the baking time of the almond base? And if it does, by how much?
No problem just use a 9 -inch, baking time is the same
Can you please tell me what size springfoam are you using? Also would a normal digestive biscuits base would go well with this?
it is 8 -inch ( 20 cm) i dont prefer digestive biscuits but yes you can!
Hi! I am making this cake now, but the almond base was not nearly hard/done. Can that be because of the smaller springform (20 cm) then it says in the receipe (24 cm)?
no, it is not supposed to be hard/ if you want this gooey crust do not over-bake this crust
It turned out just great. It is just a bit too big – half of the cake (both the base and the filling) would be enough. Thanks.
happy you like it, i like a high cake, but if you prefer a lower cake, yes you can 1/2 it
Hello, what is the plastic “ring” you are using to separate the cake and spring form? Where can I buy it?
it is called Acetate, where to buy it depends on which country you live in, i bought it here http://www.pandurohobby.se/Katalog/90-Sla-in-Ge-bort/9060-Tillbehor/906020-Tartpapperkartong/1/451494-Plastfilm-for-att-bygga-tartor
Hi:) This cake looks absolutly delicius. It is possible to get the recepi in Norwegian?
yes will post soon!
Love that you make glutenfree recipes.
How can i make your cheesekake total free from gluten and milk and still get the wonderful taste?
Hi! I wonder if i can put the cheesecake in the freezer for 2 days before serving?
yes you can!
Jeg elsker denne oppskriften. Og lagde denne til helgen som var! del kjempegodt! tusen takk 🙂
Hvor kjøpte du disse stilige sko?? De er lovely!!!
Hi Skjønne, ja ikke sant dem er fine, sjekk ut https://www.instagram.com/shoebakery/ på instagram så ser du flere slik sko!