Hi sweet readers ♥
I just adore a light and fluffy cake like the famous angel food cake, I like mine often covered in a light pink heavenly fluff.
But baking this cake in a 3 x 8-inch pan instead of a regular angel food cake pan makes this famous angel food cake even more versatile,
This is just a basic recipe for Angel Food Cake that you make in a regular Angel Food pan or make it in a 3 x 8 inch-pan.
I will show a recipe later today how I filled this delicious cake, so check back later today.
Note; if you make this cake in an regular angel food cake pan, don’t grease the pan!
SEE THE VIDEO BELOW HOW TO MAKE THIS 3 LAYERS ANGEL FOOD CAKE.
ANGEL FOOD CAKE
- 1 ¼ CUPS (115 G) CAKE FLOUR, SIFTED*
- ¼ TEASPOON SALT
- 2 CUPS (475 ML) EGG WHITES, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 TEASPOON CREAM OF TARTAR
- 1 ½ CUPS (340 G) SUPERFINE OR GRANULATED SUGAR
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Grease the bottoms and side of three 8-inch round cake pans and line only the bottoms with parchment paper.
- Sift together the cake flour and salt, then set aside; see below how to make your own cake-flour.
- Place the egg whites into the bowl and beat on low speed until foamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add cream of tartar; continue low speed beat until soft peaks form, about 1 minute.
- Increasing the speed to medium adding the superfine or granulated sugar, one spoonful at a time. (I prefer using superfine sugar)
- Beat on medium speed until stiff peaks forms, this takes about 2 minutes, do not over-mix at this stage!
- All together from start to finish; the mixing should only take bout 4 minutes’ total!
- Stop the mixer transfer the meringue mixture to a large, wide bowl.
- Add the vanilla bean paste; and then combine carefully with a silicon spatula.
- Sift ⅓ of the flour mixture into the egg whites and carefully fold in with a spatula. Repeat twice with the rest of the flour, folding very gently after each addition.
- Be careful not to deflate the batter too much by over mixing.
- Scoop the mixture into 3 x 8-inch round cake pans (I use an ice cream scoop for this),
- Then move a knife or spatula through the batter to remove any air pockets.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes, until the cake is golden and springs back when lightly pressed.
- Remove the cakes from the oven and immediately turn upside down onto a cooling rack.
- Let cool in the pan for at least 20 minutes.
- Run a knife around the outer edges of cakes to remove it from the pan, remove the parchment paper.
- Transfer to a wire rack and flip the cakes over again to cool completely.
NOTE;MAKE YOUR OWN CAKE FLOUR
- 2 ⅔ CUPS (300 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 4 TBSP. CORN STARCH
- In a medium bowl, add both ingredients mix to combine,
- sift the mixture at least 5 times, And the homemade cake flour is ready.