One of my favorite flavor, is lemon, the others is vanilla, probably no big surprise and chocolate, I mean who does not love chocolate!!
I got so inspired by one feed on Instagram, @five_daughters_bakery
They run the most adorable donut shop in Nashville that I plan to visit next month and just looking at their pictures I got so inspired.
The one donut that caught my eye was the one called lemon meringue donuts, oh…. Just thinking about such a flavor give me water in my mouth.
I used my classic donuts recipe that you can find here, or see the video below.
And fill these with lemon curd and filled a few of these with lemon cream, that is just amazing.
I made a video how you make your own lemon curd yesterday and you can see the video below how to make it and I made a delicious lemon cream.
I topped these donuts with a classic swirl of fluff, fluff = meringue and torch the top.
I must tell you, it is defiantly my favorite donut after my nr 1; classic vanilla donut nothing can beat the taste of vanilla for me, but these are close!
Watch the video below how to make these lemon meringue donuts.
CLASSIC LEMON MERINGUE DONUTS
FLUFFY LEMON CREAM
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 1 ¾ CUPS (195 G) POWDERED SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- 4-5 SPOONS OF LEMON CURD*
- FLUFF, GET THE RECIPE HERE
PREPARATION FOR THE FLUFFY LEMON CREAM;
- Into a large bowl, add mascarpone, heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla
- Whisk until the mixture is fluffy, this takes about 3-4 minutes.
- When fluffy with a spatula fold in the lemon curd.
*The amount added is a matter of taste, Add a couple of spoonsful of lemon curd at a time, and taste your way to the preferred flavor and consistency.
PREPARATION FOR THE LEMON MERINGUE DONUTS:
- Using the tip of a sharp knife, create a hole on one side of the donut.
- Fill a piping, fitted with a medium round nozzle, with the lemon cream or if you prefer with just lemon curd.
- Twist to seal the bag. Carefully insert the tip into a donut.
- Squeeze piping bag until the donut feels just full.
- Fill the remaining donuts.
- If you prefer a typical Lemon Meringue donut, make my recipe for fluff, you can find the recipe here.
- Fill a piping, fitted with a nozzle of your choice, I used ATECO #849 nozzle
- Pipe the flat top of the filled donut with just one round circle of fluff.
- slightly scorch with a pastry torch for a beautiful vintage look.
- Serve immediately, or cover donuts and refrigerate for later serving.
THE RECIPE WITH STEP BY STEP PICTURES OF THE CLASSIC DONUTS, YOU CAN ALSO FIND IN MY NEW BAKING BOOK, LOVE MANUELA
WE SHIP WORLDWIDE, ORDER YOUR COPY HERE.