Hi, Mother’s Day is coming up, so why not surprise mom or your family with these delicious buttermilk Waffles for breakfast?
These are so fluffy and light, and the secret is to whisk the egg whites separately and then fold these in with the rest of the batter, and not over-mix these, a few lumps are ok when it comes to this waffle batter. The vanilla bean paste in these waffles makes them so delicious, serve these with some fresh fruit and sliced banana, and drizzle it with maple syrup.
Serve these with some fresh fruit and sliced banana, and drizzle it with maple syrup, or with vanilla ice-cream on top and drizzled melted chocolate on top. These waffles are just heavenly and so easy to make, watch the video how to make these
FLUFFY VANILLA BUTTERMILK WAFFLES, BASIC RECIPE
- 3 CUPS ( 360 G ) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- ½ CUP ( 125 GRAM) SUGAR
- 2 TBSP. BAKING POWDER
- 1 TSP. FINE SALT
- 2 ½ CUPS ( 600 ML) BUTTERMILK *
- 1 CUP (240 ML ) VEGETABLE OIL
- 4 LARGE EGGS, SEPARATED
- 1–2 TSP. VANILLA BEAN PASTE, OPTIONAL
- ZEST FROM ONE LEMON
- FRESH BERRIES, BANANAS, AND MAPLE SYRUP FOR SERVING
- In a medium bowl stir the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together
- In a separate medium bowl, whisk the buttermilk, oil, vanilla and egg yolks together.
- Add this to the dry mixture and stir gently until blended, a few lumps are ok
- In another bowl, whisk the 4 egg whites by hand until they hold a soft peak
- Fold these gently into the batter.
- Preheat your waffle iron according to instructions.
- Lightly grease the iron (if requested in the instructions) and ladle batter to fill the iron
- Cook the waffle until lightly browned at crisp, about 3 minutes.
- Repeat with the remaining batter.
- If using a waffle maker like mine (from kitchen aid) it makes about 8 large waffles
- These are best served warm.
- Served drizzled with maple syrup and topped with fresh berries.
If you can’t find buttermilk where you live, make your own
- 2 1/2 CUP ( 600 ML) MILK
- 5 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Pour the milk into a jug, stir in lemon juice
- Stir to combine.
- Let sit for 30 minutes at room temperature until the milk begins to curdle and becomes acidic.
- use right away or store it in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Have a beautiful day you all. xo