In Norway, we love to use marzipan on our cakes.
Extra white marzipan especially is so pretty on cakes.
This marzipan is so delicious, I use vanilla in it as well it gives an amazing taste to the marzipan.
To get the marzipan extra white I use a white powder that we in Norway call it for “ titandioksid “ it is white food color in powder form.
This marzipan is perfect to use when you make marzipan lace in silicon molds or use pattern rolling pins to get a beautiful and unique pattern on your marzipan.
Best of all it is so delicious and because the marzipan is extra white, you can color the marzipan in beautiful pastel colors.
Give it a try next time you are planning to cover your cakes, I am sure you are going to love it.
EXTRA WHITE MARZIPAN
- 500 GRAM BLANCHED ALMONDS
- 500 G CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR
- 3 EGG WHITES
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 1 TABLESPOON WHITE FOOD COLOR IN POWDERFORM
- Place the almonds in a food processor bowl and process until finely ground.
- Add the confectioners’ sugar, and process again until everything is well blended.
- Add the 3 egg whites, 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste, and 1 tablespoon white food color and run the foodprocessor until the mixture comes together.
- Dust your work surface with confectioners’ sugar, work the marzipan and form a log.
- Wrap marzipan in plastic wrap and refrigerate for one hour before you use it.
- The marzipan is now ready to be used.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL. LOVE MANUELA XO