These Swedish mini princess cakes are so cute! They are something you typically find in Swedish bakeries.
I love to cover these mini cakes in a beautiful pastel marzipan and dust them with confectioners’ sugar.
The sponge cake is a common Norwegian sponge cake. I do not use any baking powder for these cakes, but the cake still comes out fluffy, by whipping a lot of air into this cake while whisking the eggs.
The filling is a Scandinavian tradition: homemade raspberry jam, whipped cream and pastry cream, and covered in delicious homemade marzipan.
It is so delicious you just have to try these mini cakes.
Swedish Mini Princess Cakes
- 1 RECIPE NORWEGIAN SPONGE CAKES
- 1 RECIPE DIPLOMAT CREAM
- RASPBERRY JAM
- 1 CUP FRESH RASPBERRIES, STRAWBERRIES
- 1-2 BANANAS SLICED (OPTIONAL)
- CHOPPED DARK CHOCOLATE
MARZIPAN DECORATIVE TOPPING
- EXTRA WHITE MARZIPAN
- MARZIPAN ROSE
- POWDERED SUGAR FOR DUSTING
PREPARATION & FILLING
- Bake the Norwegian sponge cake in a halv a sheet pan for about 20-25 minutes, you can find the recipe here.
- Cool the cake completely down, if you wish; trim the crust , you can see the video here how to do that
- Prepare the diplomat cream and set aside, you can find the recipe here.
- Brush the first cake layer with delicious homemade raspberry jam.
- Add some fresh raspberries, bananas chocolate, and diplomat cream
- Place the second layer on the top, press it down slightly.
- With the cream make a dome on top about 1-2 inches high, the best way to do that is to add a little more cream on the top center of the cake.
- With an offset spatula smooth out the cream on the sides and try to create a dome shape on the top. Crumb coat the rest of the cake,
- Place the cakes in the refrigerator as you prepare the marzipan.
- Knead the marzipan with a tiny amount of pastel food coloring, if desired, the recipe for homemade white marzipan you can find here.
- Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar on your work surface to prevent the
- marzipan from sticking to it.
- Roll the marzipan out very thinly, about 2-3 mm thick.
- Cut out rounds that are large enough to cover the entire cake.
- My rounds were approximately 14 cm (5.5 inches) in diameter.
- I use a plate to make rounds (see my video above)
- Drape the marzipan over the cakes and smooth out any wrinkles with your beautiful hands.
- Cut off excess marzipan around the edges with the same round cutter, or use a knife.
- Refrigerate or enjoy right away!
- I love using rollers that have a beautiful design on them, and love using silicon molds to give each cake a different look.
THE MOST BEAUTIFUL ROSE IS YOU ♥
BAKED WITH LOVE, ALWAYS.
SO DELICIOUS, YOU SHOULD GO AND TRY IT.
Click here to order your copy, we ship worldwide