This Strawberry shortcake has two layers of the fluffiest vanilla cake you will ever taste, this cake is filled with whipped strawberry cream, that just melt in your mouth and taste delicious and it is filled with sliced strawberries, it is absolutely heavenly and the perfect summer cake.
- 225 gram cake flour or all-purpose flour, sifted
- 2 teaspoons baking powder, sifted
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 350-gram heavy cream, 40 %, cold
- 3 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract
- 225 grams’ superfine sugar
- 1 RECIPE FLUFFY STRAWBERRY FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE
- 100-150 GRAM STRAWBERRIES, SLICED
- Preheat the oven to 170°C
- Prepare 2 x 8 -inch round pans (( 20 cm) coated with baking spray and lined with parchment paper
- Sift the cake flour, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl, twice this will make it easier to incorporate, set aside.
- Pour cold heavy cream into a large bowl, with a whisk, whip the cream, until stiff peaks form.
- Add all 3 egg at once, and with a whisk lightly combine, it should take about 30 seconds, do not over whisk!
- Gradually whisk in the sugar, a little at a time, about 30 seconds all together and not more.
- Sift in 1/3 of the flour mixture to the cream mixture with a spatula and fold in the flour until most of it disappears.
- Add the rest of the flour mixture in 2 editions and continue folding and mixing until all traces of flour have disappeared, take your time when you do this.
- Add in vanilla bean paste, using a spatula to combine
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pans, about 4 large scoops to each pan if you are using an large ice-cream scoop.
- Run a small spatula through the batter to prevent large air bubbles.
- Smooth the surface evenly with a small metal spatula.
- Bake for 20- 25 minutes, or until a wooden toothpick inserted comes out completely clean and the cake springs back when pressed lightly in the center.
- Cool and unmold the cakes.
- Slice the strawberries and set aside.
- Place half of the fluffy strawberry frosting on the first layer, and top it with strawberries, add more strawberries cream, and add the top layer.
- Top with the remaining strawberries cream and cover the entire cake.
- Top with one single strawberry on top.
- Slice, serve and enjoy.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL.
LOVE MANUELA XO