Hi everyone, the weekend is finally here, it is summertime and I can’t wait to share with you all my new ice-cream flavors for #summer2017
I have been so excited to post this recipe;
This chocolate ice-cream has an intense chocolate taste, it is rich, bittersweet, lush, silky and the most delicious chocolate ice-cream I have ever created, and best of all it is so simple.
The secret to this is dark and smooth chocolate ice cream is to use the best cocoa powder you can find.
For this ice-cream, I use Valrhona cocoa powder 100% and it is simply the best if you ask me.
Now if you use a different brand Cocoa Powder your ice-cream maybe may look lighter in color but still will taste amazing.
So often when you make chocolate ice-cream, with melted chocolate it just curdles when you blend it with the heavy cream giving you more vanilla ice-cream with dark chocolate freckles.
I wanted to create a lush dark chocolate, that is rich and smooth, easy to make and I believe I achieve that with this recipe.
What I did has I first created a dark chocolate syrup, and pour the warm syrup over the dark chocolate
This way, when I blended it with the cream, it ended up with one amazing texture and lush’s chocolate taste. #heavenly
If you love dark chocolate ice-cream, you should give this recipe a try and let me know if you loved it.
- 3/4 cup (100gram) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup (160ml) brewed coffee
- 2/3 cup (150gram) sugar
- 2 oz.(60gram) bittersweet dark chocolate 55 % – 70 %, optional
DARK CHOCOLATE ICE CREAM
- 2 cups (500ml)heavy cream, cold
- 10oz.(300gram) sweetened condensed milk, cold ( see note below )
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, or vanilla extract, optional
- 1 portion of the chocolate syrup ( see, the recipe above)
Prep for the chocolate syrup;
- Combine cocoa, coffee, and sugar in a small saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly to dissolve the sugar.
- Boil until the syrup begins to bubble, Then immediately move from the heat.
- Pour the syrup over the chocolate, with a whisk stir the syrup until smooth.
- Cool for 20 minutes.
Instructions for the chocolate ice-cream;
- In a large bowl, pour in the cold heavy cream with a hand whisk, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks forms, this takes just a few minutes.
- Add, vanilla bean paste, and sweetened condensed milk, and with a spatula combine.
- Now you have your ice cream base, add in the cooled chocolate syrup and with a spatula combine, if you like a darker chocolate ice-cream you can add in the rest of the chocolate syrup as well, and just combine.
- Pour the cream into your ice-cream container and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- Scoop, serve and enjoy
Sometimes evaporated milk is referred to as condensed milk, but this is not to be confused with the Sweetened Condensed kind, so make sure you use the right one when making this recipe.
- sweetened condensed milk usually comes in tins 14oz / 400g by weight, which equals 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 300 ml by volume)
Have a wonderful weekend you all, check back soon for a new recipe,
Love Manuela xo