White chocolate is not my first choice of chocolate that I would choose.
But I came up with the recipe for this white chocolate frosting years ago, because so many for my readers love white chocolate, and have asked a recipe for it.
I have made this frosting in all my cupcake class for all my students and they loved it, They say it reminds them of Kinder egg if you know what that taste like.
I have mentioned it before I don’t like buttercream, but combining buttercream with cream cheese or mascarpone, and lots of vanilla and good quality of white chocolate will still give you a delicious frosting that does not taste that much like buttercream.
This frosting is still not my favorite, just because I don’t like any frosting with butter, but for you that love White chocolate, you will defiantly love this recipe.
Make sure when you make this, that the melted chocolate is cooled down, completely.
And that you start off with cold butter and use cold mascarpone, this will give you frosting a great consistency when you pipe.
Always have this in mind, from my experience teaching a cupcake class in Dubai where it is so hot, if you live in a hot country, and the frosting is runny because of the heat, put the mixing bowl in the fridge or freezer for about 10 minutes and then whip it up again!
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW HOW TO MAKE THIS FROSTING.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW HOW I PIPED THESE CUPCAKES.
- 14 TABLESPOON (200 G) UNSALTED BUTTER CHILLED, CUT INTO PIECES, COLD
- 1 ¾ CUPS (200 G) CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR, SIFTED
- 7 OZ. (200 G) GOOD QUALITY WHITE CHOCOLATE, MELTED, AND COOLED
- ⅛ TEASPOON FINE SEA SALT
- 2 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE
- 9 OZ. (250 G) PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE, OR MASCARPONE, COLD
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the paddle with silicon wings, if you do not have this, you can use the regular paddle attachment.
- Beat the butter, and fine sea salt together on medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the sifted confectioners’ sugar and mix until creamy, about 5 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape the sides and, the bottom of the bowl, with a silicone spatula, then add the melted and completely cooled white chocolate, vanilla bean paste and, cream cheese or mascarpone.
- Mix for 2-3 minutes more, or until fluffy.
- Decorate your cupcakes and enjoy!
IF YOU LOVE CINNAMON FLAVOR, ADD 1 -2 TEASPOON, WITH CINNAMON WHEN YOU ADD THE COOLED CHOCOLATE FOR A CINNAMON FLAVOR, IT´S DELICIOUS!
THE RECIPE FOR “LOVE MANUELA CUPCAKE,” YOU CAN FIND IN MY NEW BAKING BOOK, LOVE MANUELA THE BAKING BOOK, YOU CAN ORDER MY BOOK HERE.