Hi sweet blog-readers, I hope you all had have one amazing week.
Today´s blog-post is especially for all the sweet tooth’s out there.
I´m sharing the recipe of one delicious and gooey SnickersCake.
This is by far the best snickers cake I know off, this cake has two dark chocolate layers, each layer is soaked with salted caramel, and has lots of salted peanuts on top, each layer is then topped with the most delicious chocolate mousse/ cheesecake, and placed in the refrigerator overnight.
When you cut into this cake and eat it, you will get this gooey feeling, both cake layers are soaked with the salted caramel, and combined with the chocolate mousse and salted peanuts, you get this yummy taste of a snicker bar.
If you love snickers bars and chocolate, you are in for one amazing treat!
See the video below, how to make this cake.
Need to convert into cups? use this converter ;
- 150 GRAM ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 225 GRAM GRANULATED SUGAR
- 65 GRAM UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, SIFTED
- 1 1/4 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 1 1/4 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 2 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 150 ML BUTTERMILK ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 30 ML SOUR CREAM ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 120 ML HOT EXPRESSO COFFEE
- 90 ML VEGETABLE OIL
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE (OPTIONAL)
- SALTED CARAMEL
- SALTED PEANUTS
CHOCOLATE MOUSSE / CHEESECAKE
- 2 ⅛ CUPS (350 G) DARK CHOCOLATE, CHOPPED (53% -70%COCOA SOLIDS)
- 100 G UNSALTED BUTTER, CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
- 5 GELATIN LEAVES
- 60 ML EXPRESSO COFFEE OR HOT WATER
- 350 G PHILADELPHIA CREAM CHEESE, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 4 LARGE EGGS, DIVIDED, ROOM TEMPERATURE, I USE FREE RANGE EGGS ( ORGANIC EGGS)
- PINCH OF SALT
- 150 GRAM GRANULATED SUGAR
YOU NEED; ( OPTIONAL)
- CAKE COLLAR ( PLASTIC FILM FOR ASSEMBLING CAKES, USED INSIDE THE CAKE RING)
- ADJUSTABLE CAKE-RING
- OR USE A SPRINGFORM THAT´S HIGH
preparation for the cake layers;
- Preheat oven to 350.F. (180.C) and grease the bottoms of two 8-inch (20 cm) round cake pans, line with parchment paper
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and baking powder twice into a medium bowl, Add the salt and whisk to incorporate.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the whisk attachment, add the dry sifted ingredients, then add the sugar, eggs, vanilla paste, buttermilk, vegetable oil and sour cream.
- Blend on medium-low speed for 2 minutes.
- Stop the mixer, remove the bowl from the mixer, scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl, and add the hot Expresso coffee, using a silicone spatula to combine.
- Divide the batter evenly among the two prepared pans, the batter will be thin.
- Place two of the pans in the center of the oven and bake until a cake tester inserted into the center comes out with a few crumbs, about 20-25 minutes.
- Run a knife along the sides of the cake to loosen from the pans and carefully turn them onto wire racks.
- Peel off the parchment paper and let cool completely.
- Make the salted caramel, you can find the recipe for that here;
preparation for the chocolate mousse / cheesecake
- Place the dark chocolate and butter in a medium to large bowl, set over simmering water and stir until smooth, remove from the heat and let cool a few minutes.
- Place the gelatin leaves into a bowl of cold water for 5 minutes.
- Make 60 ml of warm espresso coffee, (or use hot water) take the gelatin leaves out of the cold water, squeeze them a bit, and place them into the warm coffee, stirring until dissolved. Set it aside for a minute.
- In a large bowl whip the cream cheese until it is smooth.
- Divide the yolks from the egg whites and add the yolks to the cream cheese mixture.
- Add the melted chocolate and butter mixture, coffee and gelatin mixture, and salt and mix smooth.
- Place the chocolate mousse mixture aside while you whip the meringue.
- Place the egg whites into the bowl and beat on low speed until soft peaks forms about 1. minute. Add the sugar a spoonful at a time. Beat on high speed until very stiff peaks form and the meringue is glossy and thick, about 3 minutes.
- Take the bowl with the chocolate cheesecake mixture, and carefully combine the meringue into the chocolate mixture with a spatula, until no streaks of the meringue is visible and all you see is just a delicious chocolate mousse mixture
- Place the first cake layer on a silicon matt or parchment paper placed on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle the top with the salted caramel, make sure the caramel is slightly warm.
- Add lots of salted peanuts, on top and more salted caramel,
- Place a cake collar ( that´s plastic film to assemble the cake) around the first cake layer and add an adjustable cake ring around it, adjust it so it fits, or use a high springform instead.
- Pour ½ of the chocolate mousse on top, with a spatula make sure it is even.
- place the next cake layer on top.
- I added an extra cake collar (plastic film) , around the cake, giving me the possibility to get a beautiful high cake.
- Repeat by adding salted caramel, salted peanuts and chocolate mousse,
- Finish off the top layer by flattening the top a bit with an offset spatula.
- Place in the refrigerator and chill for 5 hours or overnight.
- One hour before serving I place the cake in the freezer, this gives beautiful cake slides when I cut it.
- Cut, serve and enjoy!
Enjoy and check back soon for more delicious recipes.
Love Manuela xo
If you love my recipe, you can find more recipe like this, in my new baking book Love Manuela the baking book,
You can order my book here; we ship worldwide!