Anything with lemon makes me happy, I think I love lemon more than chocolate in cakes and pastries.
My favorite way to eat breakfast on the weekends is yogurt topped with lemon curd and lots of raspberries and coconut flakes and nuts. What I love about this version of lemon curd is that it takes less than 5 minutes to make, and you can use it right away.
I often use as a filling in my cakes, it is so delicious. Hope you will try this version next time you want to make lemon curd.
MY FAVORITE LEMON CURD
- 4 large eggs
- 180 grams powdered sugar
- 20 gram cornstarch
- 30 ml milk,( see my notes below)
- 250 ml freshly squeezed lemon juice ( see my notes below)
- 150 ml heavy cream
- Add freshly squeezed lemon juice to a saucepan and heat over medium heat until just about warm to touch (do not boil )
- In a large bowl add the eggs, powdered sugar, cornstarch and milk and whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the warm lemon juice mixture into the egg mixture in a small steady stream while whisking constantly.
- Return the lemon mixture to the saucepan and cook over medium-high heat until thickened, This takes just a few minutes.
- Continue to cook and whisk for 2 minutes more to make sure the starch is completely cooked out
- Remove the saucepan from the heat and add the heavy cream, with a whisk or a wooden spoon stir until combined and smooth.
- Pass it through a mesh strainer into a glass jar
- Keeps well in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
- Enjoy this lemon curd as a filling in cakes or for breakfast on yogurt.
- Lemon, I prefer using organic lemons, it just gives an even better taste, so if your budget allows it I can highly recommend it.
- Not everyone loves a strong lemon taste in their lemon curd, so if you like a milder taste of lemon, use about 50 ml or even 100 ml of water instead of freshly pressed lemon juice, it still tastes great just a milder version of lemon curd.
- If you need a converter to change ml or grams to cups, use this →converter.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;