Hi sweet readers,
I hope you all are well
Posting a new delicious blog-post/ recipe/ today.
Donut cookies covered with dark chocolate, so lush so delicious!
And I have a brand new baking-video for you all on my YouTube channel, that you can see below.
These donuts cookies are not sugar cookies; they are exactly made using my recipe for biscotti cookies that I love so much! But without the nuts and fruits.
They taste more like Maria biscuits, the extra vanilla bean seeds in these cookies make them even more delicious.
I glazed/iced these cookies with dark, lush chocolate, make sure you use a good quality dark chocolate.
And if you do not enjoy these the same day make sure to blend in 1/3 portion of tempered chocolate, so that the chocolate topping stays beautiful, and the chocolate does not stick to your hands.
These cookies are so delicious and fun to make with kids.
If you love the video, please share ( I would appreciate it so much)
Vanilla Donut Cookies ( makes about 45 )
- 6 large eggs
- 1 1/3 cup (300g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (226g) unsalted butter, at room temp
- 7 cups (775g) all-purpose flour, divided
- 2 teaspoons (8g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5ml) vanilla bean paste
- seeds from one vanilla bean, optional
- large circle cookie cutter
- Mini circle cookie cutter
For Chocolate Coating:
- 4 cups (700g) semi-sweet chocolate chips 53 – 62 %, melted
- 1 -2 teaspoon coconut oil, as needed
- confetti, optional
- disposable icing bag + #2 tip
- sprinkles / confetti
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Line 3 large baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- Sift together the flour and baking powder.
- Cut butter into small pieces; butter needs to be at room temp,
- Place eggs, sugar, and vanilla bean paste into a mixer bowl and whisk on high speed until light in color and fluffy, about 5-8 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and swap mixer whisk to a flat beater and add the butter; a few pieces at a time.
- Add about 5 cups of flour to mixer bowl a little at the time and beat the batter for å few minutes until smooth and creamy and butter and flour are well-incorporated into the batter.
- Scrape vanilla seeds out of one vanilla bean and add it into the mixer
- The rest of the flour put it onto your worktable, and knead dough until uniform and smooth.
- Add more of the flour if needed!
- The dough, should remain very soft but not sticking excessively after you are done kneading the dough.
- Divide the dough in two, And it’s ready to roll and cut;
- Each cut should produce one donut and one donut hole.
- See the video above, how to do this.
- Btw you can make these cookie donuts in any size you like.
- Bake in, the middle oven rack for 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned on top and around the edges.
- Start checking after 15 minutes, depending on how you like them.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Watch the video above how to glaze the cookies with dark chocolate.
- To keep the cookies fresh and crunchy, keep them stored in an air-tight container! Good for several weeks.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xoxo