HI, SWEET READERS; ♥
I love to use sprinkles when I decorate my cakes or cupcakes but where I live; it is hard to get pastel sprinkles in soft colors.
You have probably seen beautiful jars of sprinkles mix from sweetpolita.com on Instagram.
Rosie came up with the idea of jars filled with beautiful colorful sprinkle mixes.
But ordering sprinkles from Canada to Europe cost way to much.
Luckily, Rosie shared the recipe for Royal Icing in her book, and use this for making homemade sprinkles.
It´s so easy and so much fun to make it yourself.
Watch the video below to see how to make these homemade sprinkles.
HOMEMADE PASTEL SPRINKLES
4 CUPS POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED
1/4 CUP ( 40 GRAM) MERINGUE POWDER
1/3 CUP ( 80 ML WATER, PLUS MORE FOR THINNING
SQUEEZE OF FRESH LEMON JUICE
1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE/OR REAL VANILLA BEANS
GEL PASTE FOOD COLOR ( OPTIONAL) I USED DUSTY PINK FROM SUGARFLAIR AND YELLOW AND BLUE FROM AMERICOLOR
- In a clean bowl, of an electric mixer, add the powdered sugar, meringue powder, water, lemon juice and vanilla bean paste.
- Beat until very thick about 15 minutes.
- Divide the mixture into three bowls and add the color of your choice.
- To make these sprinkles, you will need a piping bag and a Wilton #1 nozzle ( a tiny round nozzle)
- Fill the piping bag and press any air pockets out of the icing.
- On a silicon matt, or a wax paper/parchment paper pipe long, thin line of icing.
- Repeat with the other colors.
- Let the icing strips dry until the next day.
- With your beautiful hands just roll the strips back and forward, and you will have your pastel sprinkles.
- Store the sprinkles in an airtight container.
Have a beautiful day you all.
Love Manuela xoxo