Hi sweet readers ♥
I love a good frosting that is light and just melts in your mouth, this oreo frosting is just that!
I have never been a fan of buttercream, but this frosting taste just like Oreo ice cream, so yum.
Make sure to use cold heavy cream, and mascarpone is cold, you whip up this delicious frosting, it takes just minutes.
When you add, the oreo crumbs make sure it is fine, otherwise, when you will pipe this cream on cupcakes, The Oreo crumbs will get stuck in the nozzle.
Note; If you live in a country that is super hot, put the heavy cream and mascarpone in the freezer for 10 minutes before you make this frosting!
Mascarpone Oreo Frosting
- 500 ml heavy cream, cold preferably 36 to 40 %
- 250 gram mascarpone, cold
- 100 gram confectionary sugar, sifted ( less or more if you prefer)
- 1 or 2 teaspoons or 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste
- 100 gram oreo cookies ( fine crumbs with or without the creme filling) use less or more oreo cookie crumbs
- Remove the creme center from the Oreos before you crush them, or crush the Oreos cookies with the creme center in your food processor for a few minutes until fine crumbs.
- Sift powdered sugar through a mesh strainer
- In a large bowl using an electric beater or a hand whisk ( or in the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the whisk attachment)
- Add the cold mascarpone, cold heavy cream sifted confectioners sugar, and vanilla bean paste.
- Whip on low speed for a minute, then turn the mixer up to medium-high speed and whip until fluffy but not too stiff (about 3-4 minutes)
- Gently fold in the finely crushed Oreos cookies, try to not fold too much, it looks nicer if you have a bit of the white mascarpone frosting showing through.
- Use immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 hours.
- If used to frost cupcakes use the oreo frosting immediately, make sure to use a large nozzle ( I used Ateco #849) so that the Oreos crumbs will not get stuck in the nozzle.
Step by step pictures below;