Hi sweet readers ♥
I love a good frosting that is light and just melts in your mouth, this oreo frosting is just that!
I have never been a fan of buttercream, but this frosting taste just like Oreo ice cream, so yum.
Make sure to use cold heavy cream, and mascarpone is cold, you whip up this delicious frosting, it takes just minutes.
When you add, the oreo crumbs make sure it is fine, otherwise, when you will pipe this cream on cupcakes, The Oreo crumbs will get stuck in the nozzle.
Let me know if you liked it.
Note; If you live in a country that is super hot, put the heavy cream and mascarpone in the freezer for 10 minutes before you make this frosting!
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 1 ¾ CUPS (195 G) POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA SUGAR
- 10 OREO COOKIES, ( FINE CRUMBS)
- In a bowl whisk together cold heavy cream, cold mascarpone, powdered sugar and vanilla bean paste until fluffy.
- Add the fine Oreo crumbs and combine with a spatula.
- The oreo frosting is now ready to use as a frosting on cupcakes, or as a filling in cakes.
Step by step pictures below;