Hi everyone ♥
In Norway, One company came up with one delicious chocolate treat, they took salted corn chips to a whole new level by dipping it into chocolate.
My gosh, it is so delicious and so addictive.
I live in Sweden and we just got this at my local gas station, and I just can’t stop eating these.
I made a classic Budapest roll with almonds instead of hazelnuts and filled this cake with whipped cream ( don´t sweeten the whipped cream the cake will be too sweet )
I then add sliced bananas and one bag of smash, If you don’t have smash were you live, buy salted corn chips, ( bugles) that look like the one on the bag above ) Dip it in chocolate and let it dry up and you will almost have the same taste.
The combination of this almond meringue roll, with whipped cream, bananas and smash it makes this combo just amazing because salty chips and chocolate goes so well together and pairing it with bananas and this almond meringue roll it is just smashing delicious, and a perfect treat for the weekend.
One, thing to think about when you make this roll is to not add to much cream add the end/ and don’t add bananas and smash at the end. ( see picture below)
Have fun making this cake;
Watch the video below how to make this roll, If you love watching my baking videos, you can subscribe to my YouTube channel here;
Smashing Delicious Budapest Roll Recipe
SMASHING DELICIOUS BUDAPEST ROLL
- 250 grams egg whites
- 450-gram sugar
- 200 grams ground almonds
- 75-gram Jell-O pudding -Instant Vanilla
- 300 ml heavy cream, whipped
- 2 bananas, sliced
- 1 bag of smash
Need a converter? use this one;
- Preheat oven to 160 C°
- In a large bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks form.
- Slowly add the sugar while beating the egg whites on low speed.
- Whip until you get a stiff meringue and all the sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, blend the ground almonds with the Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla
- With the use of a spatula, carefully fold in the almond / Jell-O Pudding-Instant Vanilla mixture with the meringue mixture.
- Fill a piping bag with the almond meringue mixture ( see my video ) and pipe stripes from one side of the baking tray to the other side, pipe each stripe close to each other.
- Bake in the middle of the oven for about 20 min, or until set.
- Let the meringue cool completely.
- Flip the cake upside down onto a new sheet of parchment paper or a silicone mat.
- Carefully peel off the parchment paper.
- Spread the whipped cream over the bottom of the cake.
- Add sliced bananas and smash.
- Place the long side of the cake in front of you and start rolling it.
- I find using the parchment paper or a silicon mat underneath helps the rolling ones you get started, hold on to the paper/silicone mat rather than the cake.
- Once rolled up, make sure the edge of the roll is facing down.
- decorate the top with more whipped cream and decorate with some more smash.
- Serve the cake right away, but it tastes better and the cake becomes more stable when you leave it in the fridge 30 minutes and then serve it.
- Keep well in the refrigerator for 3 days.
- When making this roll cake, you will definitely have some batter left, just pipe them on a baking sheet and bake it for about 10 minutes, you will have delicious almond meringue cookies.
My book Love Manuela, 552 pages full of yumminess, order your copy here we ship worldwide.
If you love watching my baking videos, you can subscribe to my channel here;
And watch lots more videos like the one below.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xo