I make this puffed rice chocolate treats every Christmas, my kids love it and so do I,
when you make these, use your favorite chocolate here, and make them the size you prefer.
You can add some flavoring to the melted chocolate mixture if you like, such as 1/2 teaspoon finely grated orange zest or a few drops of orange or caramel essence,
Puffed Rice Chocolate treats ( yields 10-14)
- 170-gram dark or milk chocolate, chopped
- 60-gram coconut oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- about 2-3 cups puffed rice
- Place the chocolate and coconut oil into a saucepan and melt over very low heat.
- Stir in the vanilla and puff rice.
- Stir until all the puffed rice is coated in the melted chocolate mixture.
- Using two spoons, divide the mixture between mini cupcake paper cases.
- Place in the refrigerator until set, about an hour.