Hi sweet readers;
If you love caramel fudge.
Try this recipe; It´s made the old fashion way with heavy cream, milk and real vanilla seeds.
I do recommend you use a bigger saucepan than the one I used, as I had to remove some fudge while it was cooking, as it was going to over the edge!
To get this caramel to be fudge after you turn off the stove, just keep stirring in the mixture with a spatula until it cools down, This is going to give you this delicious fudge,
Honestly, it is such an easy recipe to make, and I do recommend you double the recipe because you are going to love it!
Caramel fudge ( 20-24 pieces)
- One vanilla bean ( scrape out the seeds or add 1-2 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 320 gram sugar
- 200 ml heavy cream
- 200 ml milk
- 100 ml light corn syrup/glucose or white syrup
- 50 gram unsalted butter, diced
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- Prepare an 8×8 inch square baking pan with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper and set aside.
- Combine all the ingredients in a medium saucepan,
- On low heat stir at times until the butter is melted.
- Increase the heat to medium, but do not stir again.
- Place candy thermometer in pan and cook until temperature reaches 242 F°/117 C° (use a candy thermometer)
- Remove from heat, and beat with a wooden spoon or spatula until the fudge loses its most of it shine or has a temp of 140F°/60C°
- Then, pour into prepared pan and let cool at room temp for 6 hours.
- Cut the vanilla fudge in small pieces and enjoy, after all it is the holiday season.
Have a beautiful day you all;
Step by step pictures;