Hi sweet readers;
Chewy Coconut Cookies are simply lip-smacking, especially when you dipp them into dark chocolate!
These cookies release a caramelized taste with each bite you take, enjoy!
- Watch the video below how to make the cookies;
CHEWY COCONUT COOKIES
- 2 ⅔ CUPS (200 G) UNSWEETENED-SWEETENED COCONUT FLAKES
- ½ CUP (115 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 3 EGGS WHITES (100 G) ROOM TEMPERATURE
- PINCH OF SALT
- 1-2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT TOPPING
- 100 GRAM MELTED CHOCOLATE
- Fill a saucepan halfway with water and bring to a simmer over medium heat.
- In a large heatproof mixing bowl, add 2 cups unsweetened coconut flakes, sugar, egg whites and salt; whisk to combine.
- Place the coconut mixture bowl on top of the saucepan.
- Stir slowly but continuously, until the mixture slightly thickens and the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Remove from heat and dry the outside of the bowl.
- Add remaining coconut flakes and vanilla bean paste; combine with a spatula.
- Place a piece of plastic wrap directly over the mixture, and allow the mixture to cool on the counter.
- Once cooled,refrigerate overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) 30 minutes before baking ( I use the convection setting)
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper, and set aside.
- Scoop cookie dough onto prepared baking sheets using a mini ice cream scoop. Leave plenty of space between cookies.
- Bake the cookies 10 -20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Place the baking sheet on a wire rack and allow cookies to cool.
- Dip the end in melted chocolate, and enjoy!
These cookies keep well in an airtight container up to 2 weeks.