Hi everyone, Happy New Year!
I love to use Angel Feather icing for cupcakes.
This frosting is super glossy and keeps fluffy for days.
The only thing you need to think about when making this, is to beat the mixture slowly until all of the sugar is dissolved, only then you will get this beautiful glossy frosting.
And btw it is so delicious and perfect for both cupcakes and cakes.
This frosting is loved by so many in my cupcake classes.
Angel Feather Icing
- 2 egg whites
- 3/4 cup (170 g) sugar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons Light corn syrup or liquid glucose
- few drops of fresh lemon juice
- 1 ts. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract,( if you use vanilla extraxt add it at the end.)
- One drop food color (optional) I use pink from americolor
- Put all the ingredients, into a bowl that fits in your saucepan.
- Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water or in the water, that goes up 1 inch up to the bowl.
- Using a hand-held electric whisk, start beating on low speed until the sugar is dissolved. ( this takes about 2 minutes)
- Increase the speed when you see that the sugar has dissolved completely.
- Keep the bowl over the simmering water, and beat for a few minutes more until the volume is tripled, if you love the color to add a drop of food color at this time.
- Remove the bowl from heat, and keep on beating until it is thick, glossy and tripled in volume
- The Angel Feather Icing keeps well at room temperature for at least 2 days.
- It is perfect for decorating cupcakes, and it’s childishly sweet but so delicious.