It is almost Valentine’s day, how about making Love conversation hearts for Valentine’s day.
Not the regular one like in the store, but better if you ask me.
These Love conversation hearts are made from homemade marzipan. The marzipan is made with sugar syrup instead of egg whites.
It is easy to make and delicious, on cakes or to make these cute Love conversation hearts for Valentine’s day.
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW HOW TO MAKE THESE;
Love conversation hearts for Valentine’s day. ( glutenfree)
Homemade Marzipan made with sugar syrup ( 450 gram )
- 350 gram ground almonds.
- 1 tsp whitening powder, Titandioksid, optional
- Seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean, optional
- 225 gram granulated sugar.
- 100 gram glucose or light corn syrup.
- 35 ml water
- pink/pastel food color, optional
for the conversation heart you will need;
- silicon mat ( optional)
- ready-to-use marzipan ( see recipe above)
- icing sugar
- rolling pin
- Romantic imprint/stamp
- Heart shape cookie cutter
- Place the ground almonds, white food color, and seeds from 1/2 vanilla bean into a food processor.
- Place the lid on, and set aside for now.
- In a small saucepot add sugar, water, and glucose/ light corn syrup.
- Warm it on medium heat, stir until the sugar has completely dissolved.(Do not boil the sugar syrup)
- Turn on the food processor while it’s running.
- Slowly pour in the sugar syrup.
- Blend until the marzipan comes together, or stop and add food color and continue blend until the marzipan comes together.
- At this stage, the marzipan is pretty stiff.
- Dust the table with some icing sugar.
- Scrape out the marzipan, dust the top and shape this into a log
- Wrap in plastic wrap.
- Leave at room temperature to cool for 2 hours before use.
- No need to store the marzipan in the refrigerator, just make sure it is well-wrapped until you are ready to use it.
- Keeps well for one month.
- This recipe gives you, 450-gram ready-to-use marzipan.
To make the Love conversation hearts,
- Put the marzipan on a silicon mat, if using
- Dust the silicon mat with icing sugar
- Press the marzipan onto a flat disc, dust the top with icing sugar.
- Use a large rolling pin and roll out the marzipan until it is 1/4-1/2 inch, in thickness.
- Take your romantic imprint or stamp and press firmly onto the marzipan.
- Cut into heart shapes.
- Leave to dry until the next day in room-temp as these will become more firm.
- Make the Love conversation hearts in different pastel colors; it is a great gift to give on valentines day.
Check back soon for more recipes.
I love these. Just in time for Valentines Day. I would love to know where the cookie cutter and imprint stamp is from. Thank you so much.
Try amazon, I bought it in dubai
Can I use almond flour in place of the ground almonds?
yes you can