Hi, hope you all are doing well, Valentine’s day is around the corner, and if you celebrate this day, I will give you some ideas.
I made these marshmallows in a heart-shaped silicone mold and placed a conversation heart on top.
This was so fun to make, and I love homemade marshmallows.
LOVE HEARTS CONVERSATION HEARTS MARSHMALLOWS
Marshmallow sugar coating;
- 2 3/4 cups ( 300 gram ) powdered sugar, sifted
- 3/4 cup ( 100 gram ) cornstarch, sifted
- Two tablespoons unflavored powder gelatin
- 3/4 cup ( 180 ml) cold water
- 1 cup ( 225 gram ) sugar
- 3/4 cup ( 180 ml) light corn syrup or fluid glucose, divided
- 1/3 cup ( 80 ml ) water
- One teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Food coloring, optional
- Conversation hearts candy
- In a medium bowl whisk the gelatin powder and ¾ cup cold water in a small bowl; let sit for 5 minutes to dissolve.
- In a medium bowl whisk together powdered sugar and cornstarch
- On your kitchen counter or use a large table, place a large silicone mat and dust the silicon mat generously with the marshmallow coating, If you don’t have a silicone mat, just use parchment or wax paper.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the sugar, ⅓ cup water, and half the corn syrup.
- Clip a candy thermometer to the saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat, constantly stir until sugar is dissolved.
- The syrup needs to reach 240°F (120°C), so keep an eye on it.
- Meanwhile, pour remaining light corn syrup in a standing mixer bowl fitted with the whisk attachment
- Microwave gelatin mixture on high until completely melted, about 40 seconds.
- Start the mixer on low speed and gradually pour into the mixer bowl and leave the mixer running at low speed.
- In the meantime, spray a heart-shaped silicon mold, and prepare a piping bag fitted with a wide round nozzle # Wilton 1 A and set aside for now.
- Once the syrup reaches 240°F (120°C), gradually add the sugar syrup slowly to the mixer bowl and beat for one minute on low speed.
- Increase speed to medium-high and beat for about 5 minutes more.
- If you would like to have, pink colored marshmallows add a drop or two of pink food coloring, followed by vanilla bean paste, just mix until all is combined.
- The marshmallow mixture should have doubled, and almost tripled in volume.
- Stop the mixer and quickly scoop the marshmallow mixture into a prepared piping bag.
- Pipe as quickly as possible into the prepared silicon mold
- Place a conversation candy heart on top, press it down firmly so it stays attached.
- Dust the top with some marshmallows coating.
- Let dry until set, about 30-60 minutes, remove from the molds and dust the marshmallow with some more marshmallow coating.
If you don’t know how to make the marshmallows base, watch the first 3-4 minutes of this video.