Tomorrow it is Valentine´s day ♥
I love making cupcakes for Valentine´s day
These chocolate cupcakes are super moist and fluffy.
I topped it with a delicious strawberry frosting, that just melts in your mouth.
Normally I would never add so much frosting on a cupcake, but this frosting is made with real strawberries and contains no butter, It´s so delicious.
I hope you give these a try, happy baking!
CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH STRAWBERRY FROSTING
- 3/4 CUP (170 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, AT ROOM TEMPERATURE, CUT INTO PIECES
- 1 1/3 CUPS (300 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 4 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 CUPS + 1 TABLESPOON (225 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 3/4 CUP (85 GRAM) UNSWEETENED COCOA POWDER, SIFTED
- 3/4 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- TEASPOON SALT
- 1 CUP (236 ML) HOT STRONG COFFEE
- 1 CUP (236 ML) HEAVY WHIPPING CREAM, OR FULL MILK AT ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- STRAWBERRY FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE
- 1 PINK DROP OF FOOD COLOR, OPTIONAL
- MARSHMALLOW HEARTS
- Preheat oven to 350 F° (180C°).
- Line two cupcake pans with 16 paper liners.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl twice, and set aside.
- In a bowl of a standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy, about six minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition, but not more than 30 seconds, add the vanilla bean paste while adding the last egg.
- Slowly add half the flour mixture to the butter mixture, then add the hot coffee, beating slowly until well incorporated, but not more than 30 seconds.
- Add the remaining flour mixture, followed by the heavy cream.
- Mix on medium speed until just combined, about 1 minute.
- Scoop the batter into baking cups so that each cup is about 3/4 full, I use a standard size ice-cream scoop for this.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for one minute then remove the baking cups from the baking pan, let cool completely on a cooling rack.
- Make the strawberry frosting, get the recipe here;
- If you like add a drop of pink food color in the strawberry frosting
- Use a piping bag and a large nozzle, fill the bag with frosting and pipe swirls with strawberry frosting on top of the cooled cupcakes.
- Decorate as you wish!
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;
Hello Manuela, Tried your chocolate cupcake recipe and it turned out to be awesome. Thank you so much for posting this recipe.
I have a question though, can I use this recipe to bake a cake instead of making cupcakes, would I need to make any changes to it, if yes, what would they be ?
Do keep posting such awesome recipes.
Happy you liked it, yes you can bake a cake from the same batter! check after 25 minutes if it is done!