I love pistachio nuts, I use it to make cupcakes or cakes, in recipes that call for grounded almonds.
This pistachio frosting is so good and so easy to make.
This frosting is stable enough to pipe on cupcakes, make sure you use a large open nozzle.
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD USE ONE WITH HIGH BUTTERFAT 40%
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 100-200 GRAM CONFECTIONERS’ SUGAR/POWDERED SUGAR, SIFTED*
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 100 GRAM SUPERFINE GROUNDED PISTACHIO NUTS,
INSTRUCTIONS FOR PISTACHIO FROSTING
- Pour heavy cream, mascarpone, confectionary sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
- Whisk until fluffy, it takes just a few minutes.
- Add, superfine grounded pistachio nuts, with a spatula combine.
- It´s ready to fill your cakes or to pipe on your cupcakes.
- If by chance, you have over-beaten the frosting simply add a few teaspoons of cold heavy cream straight from the refrigerator and carefully blend it together with a spatula, it makes the cream perfect again!
- *If your preference is a less sweet frosting, simply use less powdered sugar.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;
Hi. Thanks for sharing your recipes. Can’t wait to try them. I just wanted to know if the cakes can stay out at room temp after frosting or do they have to be refrigerated?
If you live in a hot country i would keep it in the fridge!, it is delicious hope you try it
Hello, I’m going to try this pistachio frosting today. I was wondering if it was ok to make the day before needed & leave in fridge? Would it be beneficial to firm before applying to cake? Or can cake be frosted today for event tomorrow? Thanks!
Hi Jeniffer i would make this the same day, it is always best!