Happy Friday everyone♥
I love a light and fluffy caramel cream/frosting, This frosting people is a winner, it is heavenly!
It is a caramel dream, First I made caramel sugar, and crushed it in a food processor until it looked like confectionary sugar, and combined this with whipped cream, and mascarpone, mascarpone I use for taste and to make the whipped cream more firm/stable on cupcakes.
this frosting is so light because it does not have any butter, it tastes seriously like caramel ice cream.
I hope you give it a try.
- 2 ¼ CUPS (500 ML) HEAVY CREAM, COLD USE ONE WITH HIGH BUTTERFAT 40%
- 1 CUP (240 G) MASCARPONE, COLD
- 100-200 GRAM CONFECTIONERS’ CARAMEL SUGAR, GET THE RECIPE HERE.
- 1 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- Make confectionary caramel sugar, get the recipe here.
- Pour heavy cream, mascarpone, confectionary caramel sugar and vanilla into a bowl.
- Whisk until fluffy, it takes just a few minutes.
- It´s ready to fill your cakes or to pipe on your cupcakes.
- If by chance, you have over-beaten the frosting simply add a few teaspoons of cold heavy cream straight from the refrigerator and carefully blend it together with a spatula, it makes the cream perfect again!
- *If your preference is a less sweet frosting, simply use less caramel confectionary sugar.
If you use this cream to pipe cupcakes, I suggest you use a large nozzle and make sure there are no large sugar lumps in the cream.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;