If there is one cupcake I love to make on the weekends it is dark chocolate cupcakes topped with fluff, and dipped in dark chocolate.
They are beyond delicious.
The taste of fluff is a kind of a mix marshmallow and meringues, it is delicious, and dipped in dark chocolate, I mean seriously need I say more.
HI-HAT CUPCAKES ( CHOCOLATE CUPCAKES WITH FLUFF- DIPPED IN CHOCOLATE)
FOR THE CUPCAKES
- 1 2/3 CUPS (200 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR
- 1/2 CUP (60 G) GOOD-QUALITY COCOA POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON BAKING SODA
- 1/2 TEASPOON BAKING POWDER
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- 2 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 1/4 CUPS (250 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 1 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 3/4 CUP (170 G) MAYONNAISE (NOT LIGHT)
- 3/4 CUP + 1 TABLESPOON (200 ML) STRONG COFFEE, ROOM TEMPERATURE
FLUFF, GET THE RECIPE HERE
FOR THE CHOCOLATE DRIZZLE
- 11 OZ. (320 G) DARK CHOCOLATE (55-70% COCOA CHIPS)
- 3 TABLESPOON VEGETABLE OIL OR COCONUT OIL
- Watch the video above for step by step instructions.
- Preheat the oven to 330 F° / 165C°
- Line one or two, cupcake pans with 16 paper liners.
- Sift together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder and salt and set aside.
- Place eggs, sugar and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed for 5 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula and beat for another 5 minutes on high speed.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl again then add mayonnaise and mix until blended into the batter.
- Sift in the flour mixture in two additions, alternating with the coffee and stir everything together until well blended.
- Divide the mixture between the paper liners, and bake on the middle rack for 20-25 minutes, or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- Transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Make “Fluff get the recipe here;
- Transfer frosting to two large pastry bags fitted with 1/2-inch round tips.
- Pipe a spiral of frosting into a 2-inch-high cone shape
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes while you prepare the chocolate drizzle.
- Gently melt the chocolate, stir in the oil and let cool for 15 minutes.
- Remove the cupcakes from the freezer, Holding each cupcake by its bottom, dip cupcake in the chocolate to coat frosting, allowing excess to drip off.
- Transfer to a baking sheet filled with a wire rack, until the chocolate coating is set.
- Alternatively, place the cupcakes on a wire rack and drizzle the chocolate on top.
Hope you got tempted to make these, happy baking!