In most of my cupcake classes, the thing that people love to learn is how to make a beautiful rose swirl on a cupcake. Whenever you pipe cream on cupcakes, use a stable frosting, spoon the frosting into the piping bag, filling half of the bag each time.
Your beautiful hands are warm and you do not want this frosting to melt on the last cupcakes, so it is better to fill the bag a few times instead of overfilling it.
The consistency of the frosting, the speed, and the pressure are very important when it comes to piping the perfect swirl or rose on a cupcake. All elements, if done well, create a full and even swirl or a beautiful rose. But at the same time, you have to do this at your own pace. You need to learn, have fun, and just do this with love. I promise you, the more practice you have, the better you will get at this. have fun.
GOOD STABLE FROSTING TO USE TO PIPE A ROSE SWIRL.
- VANILLA FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE;
- GANACHE, GET THE RECIPE HERE;
- WHITE CHOCOLATE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE;
- FLUFFY DARK CHOCOLATE FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE;
DIRECTIONS FOR THE ROSE SWIRL
- First, put your Wilton #1M or Wilton #1B tip/nozzle into the pastry bag, fill it up with the frosting of your choice.
- The WILTON #1M makes a smaller rose and the WILTON #1B makes it more fluffy and give it a more fuller look.
- When it comes to making roses on a cupcake, I do two rounds: one around the knot in the middle and then one more time. I don’t like to put too much cream on a cupcake.
- Form a rose by starting to pipe a dot of frosting on the middle of the cupcake, building it a little high, and then make a turn and go as tight as you can, spiraling around the mound of the dot.
- I like to get closet o the frosting I just piped out. When you go for the next edge around the first edge try to go as close as you can with “the nozzle /side” of the piping bag to the first edge layer, like you are pushing the frosting to the center with “the side of the nozzle/ bag”, by pushing the side of your piping bag to the edge you just made.
- This makes your rose more visible, and it pushes the rose edge up and the middle (the dot you made first) disappear into the center, just like a real rose.
- And for it to come out beautiful, it is important to use a good consistency of frosting.
- One more thing “the most beautiful rose is you “, don’t you ever forget that!
WATCH THE VIDEO BELOW, WHERE I USED VANILLA FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE HERE; TO MAKE A ROSE SWIRL.