Hi sweet readers♥
It´s easter soon, and one of the things I love to bake is Cupcakes.
This white vanilla cupcake is delicious, make sure you read the instructions well, especially if you don’t have cake flour.
I decorated this cupcake with fluffy vanilla cream and an Easter candy!
Love Manuela xo
WHITE VANILLA CUPCAKES ( MAKES →12-14 MEDIUM CUPCAKES)
- 2 CUPS →190 GRAM CAKE FLOUR ( OR, 160 GRAM ALL PURPOSE FLOUR + 30 GRAM CORNSTARCH)SEE NOTE
- 12 TBSP→ 180 GRAM UNSALTED BUTTER
- 1 CUP →225 GRAM SUGAR
- 1 1/2 TS. BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TS. BAKING SODA
- 1/8 TS. SALT
- 4 LARGE EGGWHITES
- SEEDS FROM 1/2 VANILLA BEAN
- 1 CUP→ 240 ML LOW-FAT BUTTERMILK
- VANILLA FROSTING GET THE RECIPE →HERE
- EASTER CANDY
- Preheat your oven to 325F°→160C°, adjust an oven rack to lower-middle position.
- Combine butter, sugar, seeds from the vanilla bean, baking powder, baking soda and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. ( use the paddle attachment)
- Mix for 5-7 minutes until creamy and fluffy, pause at times to scrape the bowl and beater halfway trough.
- With the mixer running on medium, add the egg whites one at a time, mix well each time.
- Reduce speed to low and add 1/2 of the cake flour, followed by 1/2 of the buttermilk, alternate between the two, mix only for 10-20 seconds each time.
- Fold the cupcake batter with a spatula to ensure it is well mixed.
- Line a cupcakes pan with 12-14 papers.
- Fill each cup about two-thirds full, I use an ice-cream scoop.
- Bake in the middle for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a cupcake emerges with only a few crumbs attached.
- Cool completly before you decorate your cupcakes.
- Make the frosting, get the recipe→ here
- Fit a pastry bag with a large icing tip and fill the bag with frosting, pipe a generous swirl of frosting on each cupcake.
- Top each cupcake with an Easter candy of your choice.
Note; If you don´t have Cake-flour, use →160- gram all-purpose flour instead, add →30- gram cornstarch and sift this 5 times.