These pastel Amaretti cookies are perfect for Easter.
The flavor of these cookies reminds me a lot of my Norwegian almond cookies the ingredients are almost the same.
These cookies become crispier and crunchier the longer they sit, so make sure to not overbake these.
I roll this cookie both before and after baking in confectionary sugar flavored with natural raspberry powder/ blueberry flavor and zest of a lemon. It is delicious and perfect for Easter,
The inspiration for the pastel cookies was inspired by a picture I saw on Instagram from @meringuegirls.
PASTEL AMARETTI COOKIES ( MAKES 30 COOKIES)
- 3 CUPS →285 GRAM ALMOND FLOUR
- 2/3 CUP →130 GRAM SUGAR
- ¼ TS. SALT
- 3 EGGWHITES
- 1 TABLESPOON GLYKOSE OR →HONEY
- 1 TS. VANILLA BEAN OR →VANILLA SUGAR
- 1 CUP →100 GRAM CONFECTIONERY SUGAR
- 1-2 TBSP. RASPBERRY POWDER OR →BLUEBERRY POWDER OR →2 TBSP LEMON ZEST
- In a mixing bowl, add the almond flour, sugar, salt, glucose, vanilla and egg whites.
- Mix the dough until it comes together
- Form the dough into a disk, wrap it in plastic, and refrigerate for at least 1 -2 hours
- Preheat the oven to 325°F →160C° line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Scoop the dough into 1″ balls →30 grams
- Combine the confectioners’ sugar with your choice of flavor into a small bowl
- Cover the dough balls into the coating, place the dough balls onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 25 to 30 minutes, until they’ve cracked slightly.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, and allow them to cool for 5 minutes on the pan,
- Once again cover the cookies with the coating
Note; I baked these cookies for 25 minutes exactly, and the cookies came out Soft on the inside, hard on the outside.