Hi, sweet readers ♥
The weather in Sweden was amazing today, it was sunny and a beautiful clear sky.
I went for a long walk today and I made a pie, ( recipe coming soon) I also made these copy-cat Lion bars, they are chewy and so crunchy!
First time I made these Lion Bars was on my Norwegian →blog in 2010, and my blog readers loved it.
I got the recipe from my mom about 30 years ago, ( at that time she called it peanuts bars) she made it when I was 16, she again received the recipe from a friend from Canada.
As soon as I tried one, I could stop eating these, so crunchy, and chewy just like eating a Lion Bar.
These bars are dipped in dark lush chocolate and perfect for Easter and any time of the year if you ask me!
CHEWY AND CRUNCHY LION BARS COPY-CAT ( MAKES 15-20 BARS)
- 1 CUP→350 GRAM PEANUT BUTTER, SMOOTH OR → CRUNCHY
- 3/4 CUP→160 GRAM BROWN SUGAR OR → SUGAR
- 1 CUP →250 GRAM WHITE CORN SYRUP OR →GLYKOSE OR → BROWN SYRUP
- 3 CUPS→ 125 GRAM HONNI SMACKS OR →CORN FLAKES OR → RICE KRISPIES
- 1 1/2 CUP → 150 GRAM FLAKED COCONUT OR → SHREDDED COCONUT
- 1/4 -1/2 TS. SALT
- Heat peanut butter, sugar and corn syrup over low/medium heat to melt, turn off the heat.
- Stir in cereal and coconut, combine with a spatula.
- Pat into an20 x 30 cm →8×8 pan lined with parchment paper.
- I use a fondant smoother to level the top, plus I add a book on top.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Slice into bars
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over low heat or in the microwave.
- Dipp each lion bar into the melted chocolate. ( I use a →fork for this)
- Place on wax paper until firm.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;