Hi, sweet readers ♥
I hope you all had an amazing Easter.
Sharing a delicious recipe today; A moist chocolate cake, carved out in the middle, filled with raspberry mousse and topped with fluff and sprinkles.
This cake has the perfect balance when it comes to taste, the chocolate cake and the fresh raspberry mousse with a hint of lemon and the combination of the fluff make every bit just heavenly.
I decorated the top with some sprinkles, you can also just top it with a marzipan rose or just leave it like it is.
I hope you are going to try it, and fall in love with this cake.
CHOCOLATE CAKE FILLED WITH RASPBERRY MOUSSE AND FLUFF
- MOIST CHOCOLATE CAKE, BAKED IN A 8-INCH (20 CM) SPRINGFORM
- GET THE RECIPE → HERE
- 350 GRAM RASPBERRY SAUCE, GET THE RECIPE → HERE
- VANILLA FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE→ HERE
- 1 PKG. ( 3 OZ.) JELL-O RASPBERRY FLAVOR GELATIN OR ANY OTHER BRAND
- Make the chocolate cake as directed → here
- Transfer the cake to a wire rack and let cool in the pan for about 20 minutes, Invert the cake onto the wire rack top-side down.
- Make sure the cake is cool inside and out.
- Use a small plate, place it on top of the cake and cut around the plate ( not all the way through) ( see pictures below ↓)
- Scrape/carve out the middle of the cake, ( not all the way through) ( see pictures below ↓)
- In a small saucepan warm the raspberry sauce just until a boil,
- Add-on pkg. of raspberry gelatin to the warm raspberry puree and whisk until the gelatin has completely dissolved.
- Let the mixture cool to room temperature
- Whip up one recipe for vanilla cream, get the recipe → here. just whip the cream until it holds medium peaks
- Fold in the cooled raspberry mixture and fold until no streaks remain.
- Place the chocolate cake on a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
- Fill up the bunn of the chocolate cake with the raspberry mousse until it reaches the top.
- Very gently place a piece of plastic wrap on top, directly on the surface of the mousse and around the cake.
- Transfer the cake to the refrigerator and let sit for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, make fluff get the recipe → here.
- Or make Angel Feather icing instead of fluff get the recipe → here.
- Shape the fluff or Angel Feather Icing into a dome (I use a spatula ) about 1-2 inches high; I use a rotating turntable for this!
- Decorated the top with sprinkles.
- Cut, serve and enjoy.
STEP BY STEP PICTURES;
Takk for deilig oppskrift, er skrevet ut og skal prøves snarest! 🙂
Så koselig Emelie, håper den faller i smak. God helt
I am so inspired by your story. Your desserts looks so decadent.. I can not wait to tey thia and post on my you tube channel. You have made it look so simple.
Emi’s 509 flavors
Thank you so much