Hi everyone ♥
I wanted to make a simple cake that is made in less than an hour that reminds me of summer.
A Jelly roll cake is always a good choice, what I love about this simple cake is that you can fill it with anything you love, A blank canvas!
I decided to fill this cake with a fresh passionfruit frosting, I added some sliced fresh strawberries on top of the cream and some raw licorice. I use this brand → here.
I love the combination of passionfruit, strawberries, and raw licorice.
Of course, if you are not a fan of licorice just leave it out.
Strawberries and passion cream Jelly Roll Cake
For this you need;
- Vanilla Jelly Roll, get the recipe → here
- passionfruit frosting, get the recipe →here
- 250 gram fresh strawberries, sliced
- 2 tablespoons raw licorice powder, optional
- Make one vanilla jelly roll cake, as described →here.
- Let cool completely, seam side down.
- When the cake is completely cooled.
- Make the passion fruit frosting recipe →here.
- Unroll the cake.
- Spread with passionfruit frosting, add sliced strawberries,
- If you prefer raw licorice powder add some on top.
- Roll the cake without towel, starting at a short end.
- Cover the entire cake with more passionfruit frosting
- Add some strawberries on top for a beautiful final touch
- Refrigerate 30 minutes, or enjoy right away, it´s so delicious.
Have a beautiful day you all, Love Manuela xo
FEW, STEP BY STEP PICTURES
I made this the other day, but used vanilla cream for the filling and the frosting. Came out great. My wife said it tasted like it came from a bakery. Note that the recipe on this site for vanilla cream makes about 2 cups more than you need to fill and frost.
Hi Mark; I´m so happy you made this for your wife; Happy she liked it, Thanks for the feedback