Hi you all, Happy Saturday!
I love the weekends at our house we eat pizza every Saturday, right now the pizza dough is proofing in the kitchen, and today I will top it with biff, pepperoni, and feta cheese.
I love making a pizza, the pizza I post here is topped with 4 different kinds of cheese, it is so good!
I bake it off on a pizza stone, it gives a pizza crust as you would get at your favorite pizza place.
The secret is also in the sauce, This sauce I have used since I was 19 and I get so many great feedbacks from those that have tried it.
If you don’t like four kinds of cheese, use other toppings.
Quattro Fromaggi Pizza ( Pizza topped with 4 kinds of cheese)
No-knead pizza dough ( makes 2 medium pizza)
- 4 1/4 cup (500 gram ) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups (370 gram) lukewarm water
Manuelas pizza sauce
- 200 gram tomato paste
- 1–2 tablespoon pepper mix ( I use the one from Santa Maria)
- 1–2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry oregano
- 5 tablespoon water
- About 200 gram Gouda cheese or any other white cheese you prefer.
- 100 gram mozzarella cheese
- 100 gram blue cheese
- 1-2 tablespoon parmesan cheese
Directions to make the pizza dough;
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large bowl, then add the water.
- Stir with a spoon until just combined, and all of the flour is wet.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and a towel and allow the dough to rise at room temperature for 18-24 hours.
Directions how to bake off the pizza;
- The next day; preheat your oven to 500F/ 250C; if you have a pizza stone place it in the oven 30 minutes before baking off your pizza.
- Divide the dough in half, drizzle some flour on your workplace.
- Working with one piece of dough at a time, the dough is kind of sticky, so be sure to keep your hands floured as you work.
- Stretch and fold each piece, as follows: holding onto the dough at both ends, pull one end away from the other, then fold it back onto itself.
- Place parchment paper on 2 baking sheets, drizzle some flour on top of the baking parchment.
- Place one dough on each parchment paper, dust the top with a little bit flour and cover the top with plastic wrap and let the dough proof for one hour
- After one hour, using your fingertips, gently depress each dough, being careful not to touch the outer edge of the crust.
- Combine the ingredients for the pizza sauce.
- Add a generous amount of sauce on the dough, spread it out with a spoon.
- Then top with four kinds of cheese.
- Bake of the pizza on your preheated steel or stone, or just on your baking sheet for about 10 minutes on your pizza stone or 15-20 minutes on a baking sheet.
Have a beautiful weekend you all, Love Manuela xoxo
Step by step pictures;