Hi everyone, I hope you all are enjoying the weekend.
Until May 16 you will see a lot of Norwegian flags on my cakes, after all, Norwegian national day May 17 is coming up and I want to show some easy cakes, to make for this big day. If you have followed me for a while now, you know that I love simple cakes, that just melt in your mouth and want you to have another bite.
Today´s cake recipe is a Swedish chocolate cake, it is more a fudge brownie ( but better ) it is called kladdkaka!
What I love about kladdkake is that you bake this cake in less than 17 minutes and you make it in minutes.
On top of the cake, I added a layer of fudge chocolate frosting, that is just so fudgy, and delicious, it is not too sweet it just really balance those to layers well.
On top of the fudge layer, I added a layer of unsweetened whipped cream, followed by fresh berries, and pistachio.
It´s so delicious and so simple to make and just perfect for any occasion, I hope you try it!
Double fudge chocolate cake
- Swedish kladdkake, get the recipe →here.
- 1/2 a recipe fudge chocolate frosting, get the recipe →here.
- 1 cup ( 250 ml)whipped cream, unsweetened
- Fresh berries, or other fruits
- Pistachio, optional
- Make the Swedish kladdkake as described in the recipe,( I used a silicone baking mold (8-9-inches) get the recipe →here
- Cool the cake completely, and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- While the cake is in the refrigerate, make the fudge chocolate cream, you find the recipe →here.
- Take the kladdkake out of the fridge, place it on your cake stand or baking matt.
- Spread the fudge chocolate frosting, get the recipe →here evenly over the top of the cake.
- Place the cake back in the fridge,( optional)for 15 minutes so the topping becomes more firm, ( you can skip this part if you like.)
- Take the cake out of the fridge, add whipped cream on top of the fudge chocolate cream.
- Cover the top with sliced strawberries, raspberries, and blueberry and if you have pistachio add some on top, or just leave the cake like it is.
- Cut serve, share some with others and enjoy!
Watch the video below how to make kladdkaka
Few step by step pictures;