Hi, you all
Summer is officially here, well at least in Scandinavia!
The weather is amazing, I love waking up to blue skies, and sunshine and birds singing, so much to be grateful for!
Summertime is #icecreamtime I love ice cream
Today I am sharing a simple recipe for pistachio ice cream with big chunks of dark chocolate.
This ice cream is so lovely and delicious and perfect til enjoy in the summertime!
Pistachio Ice Cream (No Machine)
- 500 ml heavy cream, cold/whipped
- 7 oz (200 gram) of sweetened condensed milk, cold ( see info below ↓)
- 1-2 tsp. vanilla bean paste or vanilla extract or seeds from 1 vanilla bean.
- 125 gram finely grounded pistachios nuts.
- 100 gram dark chocolate, chopped
Instructions for the pistachio ice-cream base
- In a large bowl, pour in the cold heavy cream with a hand whisk, beat the heavy cream until stiff peaks forms, this takes just a few minutes.
- Add, vanilla bean paste, and sweetened condensed milk, and with a spatula combine.
- Add finally grounded pistachio nuts and chopped chocolate, with a spatula combine it all together.
- Pour the pistachio/chocolate cream into your ice-cream container and freeze for 5 hours or overnight.
- Scoop, serve and enjoy ♥
Sometimes evaporated milk is referred to as condensed milk, but this is not to be confused with the Sweetened Condensed kind, so make sure you use the right one when making this recipe. Sweetened condensed milk usually comes in tins 14oz / 400g by weight, which equals 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 300 ml by volume)
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL ♥
Step for step pictures;