Hope you all are doing well and enjoying this beautiful summer.
Sharing a recipe for my favorite vanilla cupcake topped with caramel frosting.
It´s so delicious, and perfect for summer. the frosting is so light and fluffy and tastes just like caramel ice cream.
VANILLA CUPCAKE WITH CARAMEL FROSTING, MAKES 20-24
- 14 TABLESPOONS (200 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 1 ⅓ CUPS (300 G) SUGAR
- 4 LARGE EGGS, ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 3 1/2 CUPS (400 G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 2 TEASPOONS BAKING POWDER
- 1/2 TEASPOON SALT
- 1 3/4 – 2 CUPS (400-500 ML) HEAVY CREAM OR MILK ROOM TEMPERATURE
- 2 TEASPOONS VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT, OPTIONAL
- CARAMEL FROSTING, GET THE RECIPE →HERE
Directions for the Vanilla Cupcake;
- Make sure your butter, heavy cream or milk, and eggs are at room temp before you start making these cupcakes.
- Preheat the oven to 400. F (200. C). Line cupcake pans with 24 paper cup liners.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl, twice, and set aside.
- In the bowl of a standing mixer, fitted with the whisk attachment cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy about 8 minutes.
- Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl, with a silicone spatula, at times.
- Add the eggs one at a time, mixing slowly after each addition; do not mix each egg for more than 30 seconds.
- Add half of the flour mix into the bowl and add half of the heavy cream, combine carefully with a spatula
- Then add the last half of the flour mix, followed by the remaining half of the heavy cream and vanilla bean paste,
- Make sure everything is fully incorporated.
- Scoop the batter into prepared pans, using a standard size ice cream scoop, filling about 3/4 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a cake tester inserted into the center of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Transfer the pans to a wire rack to cool for one minute. Then, immediately remove the baking cups from the baking pan and leave to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Make on recipe Caramel frosting get the recipe → her
- Place the caramel frosting in a piping bag, fitted with a large round nozzle, it is important you use a large round nozzle as at times it happens there is still some large caramel sugar lumps and you don’t want it to get stuck in your nozzle.
- Make a few round swirls on top of the completely cooled cupcake.
- Normally I would not pipe so much frosting on a cupcake, but this frosting is just so heavenly taste just like caramel ice cream.
Have a wonderful day you all.