I hope you all are having a good summer with lots of sunshine!
We are so lucky in Scandinavia to have a warm summer for a change, it is so rare.
Ice-cream is something I love making and enjoy in the summertime.
This crunchy caramel ice cream is so delicious.
This ice cream gives me memories of when I was a teenager. Back in the days when I ordered soft serve ice cream, they would dip it quickly into crushed caramel pieces, in Norway, we call it Krokan iskrem. It is so delicious
This ice cream is so easy to make and perfect to serve in the summertime, Watch the video below ↓ how to make this ice cream.
Crunchy Caramel pieces
- • ¾ cup 200 gram sugar
Crunchy Caramel Ice Cream
- • 2 1/4 cups 500 ml heavy cream, cold straight from the fridge
- • 1-2 tsp. vanilla bean paste.
- • 5 ounces (½ can) 150 ml sweetened condensed milk, cold ( see my note below↓)
- • 1 cup 150 gram ready-made crushed caramel pieces
Directions for the Crunchy caramel pieces;
- Place the sugar in a pan over a medium heat, stir always with a wooden spoon until all the crystals of sugar have completely dissolved to a liquid.
- Continue to stir until the liquid has turned a rich brown color.
- Then pour this mixture on to a greased the baking sheet.
- Leave the mixture to cool completely, about 20 minutes.
- Smash the baking tray on your kitchen Counter a few times.
- Then crush the caramel pieces it in a food processor or use a rolling pin.
- You want it to crush so it still has some large pieces so you get this delicious crunch when you eat the ice cream. (see my video above or picture below)
- Btw; the crushed caramel pieces are super delicious to sprinkle over vanilla ice-cream
Directions for the Crunchy Caramel Ice Cream;
- Pour cold heavy cream into a medium bowl, and whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Add Vanilla bean paste, (optional) and combine with a spatula.
- Pour cold sweet condensed milk into the whipped cream, and combine with a spatula.
- Add the crushed caramel pieces, and combine with a spatula.
- Pour the mixture into a large freeze-able container and freeze at least 6 hours or overnight before eating.
- Scoop, serve and enjoy.
- Sometimes evaporated milk is referred to as condensed milk, but this is not to be confused with the Sweetened Condensed kind, so make sure you use the right one when making this recipe. Sweetened condensed milk usually comes in tins 14oz / 400g by weight, which equals 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 300 ml by volume.
HAVE A BEAUTIFUL DAY YOU ALL, CHECK BACK SOON ♥
Few steps by step pictures;