Hi, and happy Monday to you all.
Today it was a rainy day and I love every minute of it, Rainy days are the perfect day to bake cookies.
These smarties cookies are so delicious, they are chewy in the middle and crispy on the outside, the addition of dark chocolate, smarties and oatmeal make these irresistible.
These cookies are especially loved by children and are great for any birthday party.
SMARTIES COOKIES ( MAKES 25-30 )
- 1 CUP (225 G) UNSALTED BUTTER, COLD AND CUT INTO 1-INCH PIECES
- 3/4 CUP (200 G) GRANULATED SUGAR
- 3/4 CUP (150 G) LIGHT BROWN SUGAR
- 2 LARGE EGGS, STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE
- 1 EGG YOLK, STRAIGHT FROM THE FRIDGE
- 2 TEASPOON VANILLA BEAN PASTE OR VANILLA EXTRACT
- 2 CUPS (225G) ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR, SIFTED
- 1 ¼ CUPS (100 GRAM) OATMEAL
- 1 TEASPOONS BAKING SODA
- 1 TEASPOON SALT
- ¾ CUPS (150 GRAM) DARK OR →MILK CHOCOLATE MORSELS OR CHOPPED CHOCOLATE
- ¾ CUP (150 GRAM) SMARTIES
DIRECTIONS; (step by step pictures below ↓)
- Preheat oven to 375F° (190C°). → convection setting
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or → silicone mats.
- Sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt and set aside for now.
- 5 minutes before you start making these cookies, take the butter out of the fridge and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In a standing mixer bowl, fitted with the paddle attachment, cream butter, sugar, light brown sugar, and vanilla until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs (and yolk) one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add the sifted flour mixture, chocolate chips, smarties, and oatmeal and mix until it resembles cookie dough.
- Using an ice cream scoop, drop mounds onto prepared baking sheets. Make sure to leave plenty of space for cookies to spread during baking. (do not flatten the cookies)
- Bake for 9-12 minutes, until cookies are just set but still slightly undercooked.
- Remove the cookies from the oven, cool and transfer to wire rack to cool completely.
- Enjoy with a glass of milk ♥
My tips to great cookies;
- Use cold butter, diced into 1-inch pieces
- Use cold eggs/yolk, straight out of the fridge
- Do not flatten the cookie dough before baking.
- Use the convection setting
Have a beautiful day you all, check back soon!
Love Manuela xo
Step by step pictures;