It has been some days that I posted a recipe, I have been busy with planning a party for my Youngest son graduation.
Just needed to focus on that and I definitely needed some days off from baking after the party!
Today I made my favorite chocolate sheet cake, topped with a gooey milk chocolate frosting, it is so delicious!
The frosting is made with milk chocolate it taste like a gooey caramel chocolate frosting, it is so delicious!
The chocolate sheet cake and the frosting together are just heavenly, it is perfect for any party, This cake I made for all the birthday parties for my kids when they were younger and also for my son graduation party as this is his favorite chocolate cake.
For birthday parties for kids I would add candy on top, and candles, it is an easy cake to make and incredibly delicious!
My favorite Chocolate Sheet Cake with milk chocolate frosting.
Milk Chocolate frosting;
- 1 cup(110 gram)powdered sugar
- 9 tbsp. (125 gram butter) cut into 1- inch pieces
- 200 gram milk chocolate
- 2 tsp. real vanilla or 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, optional
- 2 tbsp. espresso coffee, strong in flavor, optional
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons (200 ml) heavy cream
My favorite Chocolate sheet cake
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup + 1 tbsp.( 240 gram) sugar
- 10 + 1/2 tbsp. (150 gram) butter, melted
- 1/4 cup (50 gram) melted dark chocolate, optional
- 2 tsp. real vanilla or 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- 2 1/2 cups (270 gram) all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. real cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup (150 ml) warm espresso coffee or warm milk.
Need a converter? use this → one
Directions for the chocolate frosting;
- In a medium-size saucepan, add powdered sugar, heavy cream, butter, chocolate, salt, vanilla, and coffee.
- Warm it over medium heat, stir at all times, until the chocolate/butter is melted and there are no lumps, around 10 minutes.
- Let it cool in the saucepan, once cool place the saucepan in the fridge for one/two hours, the frosting will be more firm to spread on the cake.
- While the frosting is getting more firm, proceed with the chocolate sheet cake.
Directions for the Norwegian Chocolate Sheet Cake;
- Grease and line your baking tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the melted butter, eggs and sugar, give it a whisk just until combined.
- Add vanilla and meltet chocolate and combine.
- In a large bowl, Sift together, all-purpose flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry mixture to the egg/butter mixture, at once add the warm coffee and with a spatula or whisk combine.
- Pour the luscious batter into a sheet pan, and spread it evenly.
- Bake the cake in the middle of the oven at 350F° ( 180 C°) for 20 minutes.
- Check with a cake tester if the cake is done.
- Cool the cake completely.
- Take the chocolate frosting out of the fridge, and cover the entire cake with the frosting.
- Cut into squares, share with others and enjoy!
Enjoy and I wish you all an amazing new week.
Step by step pictures for the frosting;
Step by step pictures for my favorite Chocolate sheet cake;
What size of baking tray do you use to bake the sheet cake?
Half a sheet pan; I use one from nordicware
Me fascino todo.mas el pastel de chocolate
It looks divine. Everything you make is so beautiful .
Thank you so much Dana