Hi everyone ♥
Today I made one delicious pie, I made a banoffee pie!
This banoffee pie is not too sweet, it is just incredibly delicious.
some weeks ago I visited a bakery at a farm where I live, they recommended a banoffee pie, at first I hesitate to order this pie as the sound of it is just too sweet! But one bite and I was in Cake heaven, they, of course, did not give me the recipe, but my tastebuds are great. Inspired by the trip to this bakery and my tastebuds, I made this toffee pie, it is magical.
I add sliced bananas and cream on top just for serving, this cake, and I added some crushed Daim candy on top, totally not necessary but if you have it at home, then why not!
Watch the video below, to see how I made it!
- 3/4 cup + 1/8 cup (200 gram) sugar
- 2 cups (200 gram) salted peanuts
- 3/8 cup + 2 tablespoons(100 gram)butter, melted
- 2/3 cup (150 gram) sugar
- 7 tablespoon (100 gram)butter, diced
- 1 -2 tsp. Vanilla bean paste, optional (or seeds from ½ a vanilla bean)
- 1 1/8 cup (250 gram) sweet condensed milk
- A little below 1/2 cup (100 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 4 bananas, cut into ¼ inch slices
- 3/4 cup (300 ml) heavy cream
- 1/4 cup (50 g) crushed Daim Candy or chocolate, optional
Directions for the crunchy peanut crust;
- Grease a nonstick half sheet pan, and set aside.
- Add sugar to a cast-iron skillet or a heavy deep medium saucepan.
- With a wooden spoon, stir over medium heat until the sugar dissolves and turns into a syrup.
- Continue stirring until the syrup turns into a dark amber color.
- Add the salted peanuts and quickly combine.
- Pour the hot peanut/sugar mixture into the prepared sheet pan.
- Leave to cool for 20 minutes.
- Once cool, tap the sheet pan on the counter, so it comes in smaller pieces
- Place the crushed peanuts/caramel sugar pieces into the food processor.
- Blend for å a few seconds, you want it to be grounded but still has some bigger pieces!
- Grease the inside bottom of a 9-inch (26 cm) springform pan with baking spray.
- Cover the bottom with parchment paper and set aside for now!
- In a medium bowl, add the crusted peanut/sugar pieces, add melted butter and combine with a spatula.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared springform pan.
- Set aside while you make the toffee filling.
For the toffee filling
- In a large saucepan on high heat, melt the sugar.
- With a wooden spoon stirring constantly until you get this beautiful dark amber color syrup, this takes around 10-12 minutes.
- When the sugar is turned into a beautiful dark amber color, Add the diced butter and carefully stir until it is melted, (stir at all times!!)
- Next, add the sweetened condensed milk, heavy cream, vanilla bean paste, and sea salt
- Keep stirring on high heat until the caramel has thickened to where it sticks to the back of a spoon about this takes about 3-4 minutes. ( i don’t recommend longer as it will be to firm, and difficult to slice the pie later on.
- Pour the toffee caramel straight from the saucepan into the peanut base and let cool.
- Place the cake in the refrigerator for about 3 hours.
- Just before serving, cut bananas into ¼ inch slices, and spread over the toffee surface.
- Whip up heavy cream.
- Spread the cream all over the surface of the pie, or use a piping bag and pipe the cream on top like I do in the video above.
- Drizzle with crushed Daim Candy (you can get Daim at Ikea or use toffee caramel or leave it out)
- Cut, and serve chilled.
- Stores covered in the fridge for up to 2 days.
- Sometimes evaporated milk is referred to as condensed milk, but this is not to be confused with the Sweetened Condensed kind, so make sure you use the right one when making this recipe. Sweetened condensed milk usually comes in tins 14oz / 400g by weight, which equals 1 1/4 cups (10 oz / 300 ml by volume)
- If you can’t use peanuts for some reason or don’t like the thought of so much sugar in the crust, just use 200-gram graham cookies or another cookie you love, crush it and combine it with melted butter if you like the crust to be sweet add some tablespoons with sugar.
I wish you all a beautiful day, Make the best of it.