Pretty in pink, Yeah I love pink deserts.
These mini mouse cakes are made from raspberry-lemon, greek yogurt, and heavy cream.
They are the perfect dessert for summer, with natural fruit making them a bit healthy right? The cake layer is a vanilla sponge cake, super easy and fast to make!
The combination of greek yogurt, heavy cream and raspberry and lemon makes it so fresh and delicious to eat. The decoration on top is just a chocolate bar I melted and filled a heart shape/button shape silicon mold, Just before serving I take the harden chocolate out of the silicon mold and place it on top of the mini cakes!
Mini raspberry-lemon mousse cakes
Spongecake ( i recommend you double the recipe if you want to cover all of the 16-18 raspberry mousse cakes, this recipe is enough to cover 12 mini cakes)
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/3 cup (75 g) sugar
- 1 tablespoons oil
- 1 tablespoons buttermilk or milk, room-temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla-paste, optional
- 1/2 cup ( 75g ) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons salt
Raspberry – Lemon Mousse ( makes 16-18 mini mousse-cakes)
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons (135 ml) raspberry pure, get the recipe →her
- 1/3 cup(65 ml) freshly pressed lemon juice
- 200 gram confectioners sugar or powdered sugar
- 7 gelatin leaves, soaked in cold water for 10 minutes.
- 2 cups ( 500 ml ) heavy cream, cold
- 1 cup(225 gram) Greek yogurt, cold
- 1 tsp. vanilla bean paste, optional.
- 4 oz. ( 100 gram ) dark chocolate bar, melted
- Heart shape/button shape silicon mold, optional
DIRECTIONS FOR THE CAKE LAYER;
- Preheat oven to 320.F° 160.C°
- Grease a sheet pan ( 22 x 32 cm) with cooking spray and then cover with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, and vanilla on high until tripled doubled, and light in color.
- Add the oil, buttermilk, in all in at once, and mix 30 seconds more.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture in two additions and carefully mix it together on low speed, just until combined.
- Pour the batter into a sheet pan and bake it for around 10 minutes, touch it and if it springs back it is done, if not bake it, for about 1-2 minutes more.
- In the mean-time, Lay a silicon matt on your work table so that the cake doesn´t stick to the table. You can also use a parchment paper for this.
- When the cake is done, right away invert the cake onto the silicon matt or parchment paper.
- Remove the parchment paper, let the cake cool off.
- Use a round mini cookie cutter to press out mini cakes for your mouse.
Direction for the Raspberry-Lemon Mousse.
- Place the gelatin leaves in cold water for 10 minutes.
- In a medium saucepan, add raspberry puree, freshly pressed lemon juice, and confectionary sugar.
- Place the saucepan on medium heat, turn off the stove when the mixture comes to a boil.
- Take the soft gelatin out from the cold water.
- Wring gently to remove excess water, then add to the warm raspberry/lemon mixture, stirring until dissolved.
- Pour the mixture into a small bowl, and leave to cool for at least 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, add the greek yogurt, and heavy cream.
- Mix for a few minutes until fluffy.
- Add vanilla bean paste and combine!
- Pour in the cooled raspberry-lemon gelatin mixture, and mix for about a minute or until fully combined.
- Scrape the side and bottom of the bowl with a spatula to make sure it all is combined.
- Scoop the raspberry – lemon mousse into the holes of your silicone dome mold. ( I use a large ice cream scoop.
- Place the cakes on top of the holes, press it down slightly just to make sure it stays attached when you remove it.
- Place in the freezer until frozen solid about 4 hours.
- 20 minutes before serving, take the raspberry-lemon mousse cake out of the silicone molds.
- For decoration, I used a hearth/button silicon mold and melted dark chocolate.
- Place it on top of each cake, just before serving!
- Serve and enjoy, it is so delicious!
Wishing, all and amazing day.
Check back soon for more delicious recipes.